cell phones y0!

what phone?

• i90

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
ok, its time for me to get with it a little more... the circa 1999 phone that i have now needs to go.

here are my options, as I'm 100% sure im going with nextel, and this is what they offer that i'm debating between.

http://www.nextel.com/cgi-bin/cp_compare.c...archType=phones

the $299 i95cl one is bad ass, but its a little more than what im looking to spend on a fucking phone that im probably going to drop, bang, and lose.

i like the flip phone style, so im leaning towards the i90c and the i60c. the i90c has a longer talk time, which is cool... cuz i usually forget to charge my phone until it dies. so thats the one im leaning towards.

i know some of you guys sell these things for a living.... thoughts?

ok, no more fucking bullshit in my thread damnit.

all the crap has been deleted. and trust me, i don't want it back. now, back to buying me a cell phone.

I think you should go for the i60c cheaper, if you break it not as much $ to replace.
but if money is no object go for the i90c it's got a tad more features.
it if you must have the best technology on the market buy the i95cl

The only thing the i90c has over the i60c is longer talk time a whole 35mins doesn't seem to be worth the extra $50. (i60c =cheaper, i90c long talk = toss up)

Both have 75 hrs. standby time. (Tie)

i90c more ring tones, java aplplications, looks liek it has a larger screen.

The i90c also has Voice Recorder , Voice Activated Dialing but will you ever use it. I'll put my bets on no , my phone has this and I've never ever used it.

most importantly the i90c weighs the least at 4.8oz, i60c = 5.36 oz., i95cl = 5.45 oz.
so the i90c won't slow you down as much. :p

Originally posted by Prowler@Aug 18 2003, 11:36 AM
Anything but Kyocera is good to me.

which is a moot point because kyocera doesn't make phones for nextel.

Like I tried to say before. My dad uses the i90c as his daily cell phone. The speakerphone is absolutely awesome on it, loud, crisp and clear. It's not cheap but it's a great phone.

I use nextel all the time at work and I can't stand them damn things

beep..... beep..... beep....

then again when ever I need to get ahold of anyone for any real problems the user is not available

how come atlest in maryland when people use nextel phones they hold it 2-3 feet from their mouth and yell into the phone and then on top of that they leave the vol so loud you can hear everything the other guy is saying from 20 feet away

dumb bastareds

oh and if I knew anything about the phones I would try to help =)

my friend does have a kick ass motorola "sp" flip phone not sure the model but he loves the thing as with my boss

so check them out

i dont like nextel because they have shitty service here in missouri...unless your on a highway you wont get through to anyone. i dont know about where you are B but i know here their service sucks

actually to add a note about their service, for some reason whenever I call someone on a nextel phone I always get a ringing, then it says the customer you are trying to reach is not avaliable, click. the fucker hangs up on you.
this is like 80% of the time.

sometimes that means the person you are trying to reach is 2 waying someone else...all my friends have nextels just for that reason and i still have T-mobile so i get that message all the time

ahh a conversation right up my alley for once...

brian.. get the i90 pros/cons.

i95 battery life BLOWS there is no feature on the 95 that isn't on the 90 except the pretty screen but i like the pretty neon blue screen the 90 has. the thickness is almost 1/3 thicker than the 90 because of the bigger screen and bigger bat. and at almost 200 bucks (depending where you get it) the 90 is so much of a better bargin

i60 SUCKS ass! highly under featured.. you have to upgrade everything including the software when you get it the dinggy green/yellow screen looks like ass and the lack of a preview window is shitty.. also you can't scroll through members via the preview pane which doesn't sound like much but man it's convienet when you can.. the phone overall is ugly and you can't set styles to the phone aka.. you can't have preset settings that you can change by the touch of one button instead of changing all your settings IE when you go into work you can have a preset (that is already on the 90 called meeting) that vib's everything text messages, DC's, calls, voice mail notifications.. and when/ if you get a 90 you'll see how many features the phone has it can be tiresome to vib all these settings before work.

i90.. i've drop it i dont know how many times .. i've dropped it then stepped on it with all my weight pulling myself up to a window (didnt know i was doing it it was a foot concrete sandwich) all that happened was i left an imprint of the 4 way mouse button thingie on the screen and the phone still works like a champ..

economic.. strong.. features.. slim..pretty i90 all the way

btw i base this knowledge on:

Best friend = i95
Me = i90
Mom = i90
other best friend = i60
work mate = i95
and tons tons more

Couldn't agree more. 8 of my friends and I all rock the I90... You can't get a better phone for less, and I've had it for over a year. The I95 IS badass, but the only cool thing really is the screen.

P.S. - Nextel service does NOT blow, infact most carries rent airwaves FROM Nextel. They have the most towers.

all im going by is all my friends that have nextel they are ways bitching about the service. thats why ive stuck with T-mobile i havent had any problems with anything from them

My advice to you B is go with tmobile because its very reliable, if its available in your area. Less cut outs, dropped calls, and a very broad coverage area. I know I work for them but i've been a happy customer forever.

when i had verizon i bitched about service.. when i had cingular i bitched about service.. when i had cell one i bitched about service.. when i had sprint i bitched about service.. now that i have nextel .. i look at my bill.. the bill that i haven't gone over since i've had the plan ... and i smile.. nextel is just like any other service.. it's not a land line so your not gonna get 100% uptime it's the other stuff that make it worth it.. hmmm nationwide DC B you know im gonna be buggin the hell outta you right lol

watch out when your in the bathroom..

:BEEP BEEP: HEY BRIAN DID YOU EVER GET THE CREAM FOR THAT WART ON YORU DICK ????

lol thats my personal fav.

:lol: I like it when our friends go to work or school or any other function where people look at you in horror when your phone chirps and someone screams - "Hey! Did you get that case of herpes checked out????"

Originally posted by civicdx92@Aug 18 2003, 01:38 PM
My advice to you B is go with tmobile because its very reliable, if its available in your area. Less cut outs, dropped calls, and a very broad coverage area. I know I work for them but i've been a happy customer forever.

That is YOUR area keep that in mind

right where Im at Verizon is by far the best
then again Im down in the country and most other companys wont even give you a signal

but if I was up north then Tmoble might be the pick or maybe... Nextel

just becuase it works well in your area means nothing for B

I still say piss on Nextel I hate them damn things

Originally posted by HybridRevolution@Aug 18 2003, 02:04 PM
when i had verizon i bitched about service.. when i had cingular i bitched about service.. when i had cell one i bitched about service.. when i had sprint i bitched about service..

:werd: you gotta admit though, cell one is by far the worst.

Anyone know where B lives? I know centennial wireless has the broadest coverage in the indiana/illinios/michigan/ohio area...nextel is working on getting new towers built, and there's probably about 3 areas in all of northeast Indiana that Nextel doesn't work. On the other hand sprint totally sucks here. Verizon seems to be good everywhere because they already have a country wide system set up for their LAN lines. I hate those stuid commercials. :angry:

Back