Cellphones to receive govt text messages

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Now this is where I'm glad I switched to Verizon last week, because I can block number from sending me messages and calls :)

Id be willing to bet that they are not going to allow anyone or anything to block their "helpful" information.

Then I'll be sending the government my bill lol

:werd:
you will be charged for it under some bullshit "National Enhanced Alert System" charge heading
it will be tacked on the bill just like the 911 charge is now
and you will absolutely be forced to pay a fee to opt out, even though you will still receive the "Presidential Alerts", and you will still have to pay the "NEAS" (?) charge every month

absolute bullshit

and yeah i cant imagine any down side to most of the 153+ million cell phone customers all being simultaneously alerted to a disaster or threat that may or may not effect them... there is no way this would lead to wide spread panic and hysteria... nope no way at all

YouTube - *Don't Panic!*- Scene from Airplane

Imagine if we would have learned about OBL via text. How many times did the story change? 10 times in 20 minutes? I know id love to recive an update every three minutes because the spin doctors don't have their act together.

Back