CHALLENGE!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

klei2fast

I think that this would be a good challenge for this board and it would be interesting to see what some people come up with.

Challenge: You have $7000, what would you build to make the fastest possible car including price of the car and all other components. Please include estimated HP and estimated 1/4 mile times.

Have fun and lets see who's the best!! :spin:

im gonna have 7000 cash to spend here in a few days :p hop to it boys
I just plan on buying a stock GS-R

I'd buy an old Aeronca Champ, Piper Cub, or try my luck at finding a Decathelon or Citabria for that little. Fuck cars.

*edit- BTW, I thought this was going to be a challenge of technical knowledge, not just some bullshit fantasy parts list post.

i would buy an 93-96 mirage sedan, and that evo3 which WAS for sale in CT for 4k... total cost of both cars ~5.5k.

i would then swap the evo parts onto the mirage sedan (they bolt on) and then upgrade the turbo and intercooler. expect atleast 300whp and mid 12's AWD, and still have a bit of cash left over.

the curb weight of this car would be something like 2300lbs.

Originally posted by UDT@Mar 5 2004, 08:41 AM
im gonna have 7000 cash to spend here in a few days :p  hop to it boys
I just plan on buying a stock GS-R

7000 seems to be the lucky number today... I might get back $7000 of the now $11,600 I've lent to my parents soon, and like the fool I am it's ALL going into the '86 CRX :D

I believe that Grassroots Motorsports had a similar challenge.

But I think it was the fastest ride under 2k or maybe 4k...anyways.

Monster Miata won.!!!!

First year Miata + 5.0 = fucking sick!!!! in the 1320ft. aspects.

early second gen F-Body (Which I have) powered by a ZZ350 all aluminum V8, with ISKY cam, crower rods and de-stroked crank. Mate that to an pro-jection or Street dominator carb setup (dual 4 barrels, why not) and Winner's intake with Edelbrock headers to dual 2" pipes. Then mate that to the Richmond 6 speed found in the 1998 SS Camaro with 3:10 posi rear and put it down to lakewood suspension. Poke the shifter through the back hole (the automatic hole) and stand back.

You may even have $1000 left over for brakes and nitrous, which the engine is setup for.

That's what I'm doing with my $7000.

-> Steve

worst.jpg

1991 Geo metro, 500 bucks

turbo sprint 1.3 liter making somewhere like 120 hp/ft lbs to start with add in a, new fuel system, reflashed ecu or whatever, new clutch...4000 bucks

free hp...rip the shit out of the interior of the Metro...1808 lbs to start...1500 lbs including me at 130 lbs to end.

160+ hp, 1500 lbs...what would be a good 1/4 mile time? 11s? 12s? I dunno. it'd be fun as fuck though.

dude the monster miata took all of that.........read up on the grass roots motorsports

fire the 502 in the CRX do some choppin and you have a 10 second car in no time and prolly under 5 grand even if you buy a sawzall and a welder and a grinder. lol. also add a wheelie bar or the words CRX in the tail lights will meet pavement.

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Mar 6 2004, 12:27 AM
fire the 502 in the CRX do some choppin and you have a 10 second car in no time and prolly under 5 grand even if you buy a sawzall and a welder and a grinder. lol. also add a wheelie bar or the words CRX in the tail lights will meet pavement.

I feel stupider after having read this. Your post is the reason why this thread sucks. At first, I thought this thread could not suck any more, but then your post came along and became the epitome of sucking. A picture of your post is next to the word "suck" in the dictionary. Your post sucks harder than a $2 Bangkok whore with a fiver in her sweaty little fist. In fact, your post sucks worse than anything that has ever sucked before.

id buy some chromaloy tubing some sheet aluminum(1000)
and spen 4000 on a jet turbin JATO pack strap it on have 2600lbs of thrust and

Back