Change hand drive

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whatever dude. just go do it already. take it to a shop and have it done.

I've been searching, and doesn't seem to be a big deal
to change the firewall. It comes welded from the factory too,
so it's just replace it, the chassis stays untouchable.
Then it's just fit or replace the parts attached to the firewall
and change the interiors.
May sound easy but it's not, but it isn't so complicated like many people say.
Just don't kow where to get the front clip...

I've been searching, and doesn't seem to be a big deal
to change the firewall. It comes welded from the factory too,
so it's just replace it, the chassis stays untouchable.
Then it's just fit or replace the parts attached to the firewall
and change the interiors.
May sound easy but it's not, but it isn't so complicated like many people say.
Just don't kow where to get the front clip...

im sure it has to be do-able. if people here can put on jdm front clips, theres no reason you cant do the same with our front ends. hope you have a fair amount of coin, and can weld like a beast. im sure theres tons of places here that could get you a clip shipped wherever you are for the right price;)

im sure it has to be do-able. if people here can put on jdm front clips, theres no reason you cant do the same with our front ends. hope you have a fair amount of coin, and can weld like a beast. im sure theres tons of places here that could get you a clip shipped wherever you are for the right price;)

He's talking about a right hand drive conversion, not a front end conversion.

Verissimo, if you know so much about all this crap, then just go do it and stop asking questions. I guarantee you though, the Honda dealership is not going to do it for you. It is a safety concern because (like Nick said) you're chopping the front end off the car and tacking a new one on. It decreases the structural integrity of the chassis.

A performance shop might do it for you, but the dealership WON'T...

Finally some positive feedback, and someone who understands.
BrutalB83 i want to do a left hand conversion, not right.
If you do rhd conversions with jdm clips, why can't i do a lhd with a usdm clip?
I don't know shit about this, i've only searched and found out that for doing this
or i cut the car in half (which i'm not doing), or change firewalls. The firewall come weld from factory, what's the problem to replace it? The new firewall with a good welding could be stronger then the factory one. Why turn this into a big deal?
Was only looking for some details, and opinion from someone who already did it.
Instead of flamming, you could just help. It was what i was seeking here.
There are a lot of honda forums, now i give you the credibility in coming here seeking for some help, and all you do is flame. Well tks a lot for your support.
Now if you are so sure, show me something that i could see! I've seen a lot of people doing it, and seen no complaints, so they are dummies and you are honda enginners?
I'm not doing it for the style, we drive on the left, so it's something i'd like to be done. In the middle east one guy already did it, you guys do it a lot so what's the problem? You only reply to me if you want, so you don't have to answer my questions. You look like your gonna pay the bill :rolleyes:

Oh and about Honda, i'm wayting for an answer, the big problem is that the car is not sold in europe, so they went to talk with mother Honda,to study the car and to see what can be done with Acura parts in mind to. About conversions of this kind, BMW did it to some guy that brought a van from Germany, and i'm pretty sure that other brands already did it.
So stop talking like if you were some NASA engineer and start believing, because nowadays
if you have the money, you could do everything. If some people turn civic's into rwd or 4wd lol why can't this be done?

Finally some positive feedback, and someone who understands.
BrutalB83 i want to do a left hand conversion, not right.
If you do rhd conversions with jdm clips, why can't i do a lhd with a usdm clip?
I don't know shit about this, i've only searched and found out that for doing this
or i cut the car in half (which i'm not doing), or change firewalls. The firewall come weld from factory, what's the problem to replace it? The new firewall with a good welding could be stronger then the factory one. Why turn this into a big deal?
Was only looking for some details, and opinion from someone who already did it.
Instead of flamming, you could just help. It was what i was seeking here.
There are a lot of honda forums, now i give you the credibility in coming here seeking for some help, and all you do is flame. Well tks a lot for your support.
Now if you are so sure, show me something that i could see! I've seen a lot of people doing it, and seen no complaints, so they are dummies and you are honda enginners?
I'm not doing it for the style, we drive on the left, so it's something i'd like to be done. In the middle east one guy already did it, you guys do it a lot so what's the problem? You only reply to me if you want, so you don't have to answer my questions. You look like your gonna pay the bill :rolleyes:
i have given you TONS of information. I myself, personally own a car with a drive side conversion. it's in my avatar.i have a thread about it on here. I have given you all the answers you have needed and you are complaining about getting flamed.

we get so many people on here that have such big hopes and dreams, then realize they are foolish and overzealous. you are missing the point here. There is a 99.9999% chance you wont even do this conversion.

and the integrity of the chassis is going to be hurt because you are going to be cutting the frame. when it comes from the factory, it comes with one piece. if you cut something, then tack it back on, it's not going to be as good. trust me on this. the honda dealership/service will NOT do this for you. I put $1,000,000 Euros on it.

Ok fine, you're switching from right-hand-drive to left, my mistake. It doesn't really matter to this discussion. The fact is, you're doing a drive-side conversion and that messes with the structural integrity of your car, even if you do weld the new firewall in place.

I feel like you're not even reading what we're saying, or you're just not understanding it. No one is saying that you can't do it, we're just saying that the dealership probably isn't going to do it for you since it's technically a safety issue. Just take it to a damn custom shop, tell them what you want, pay a bunch of money and be done with it.

I don't understand what you're even arguing about at this point...

I don't know why but i can't read some posts. I had to see brutal''s posts, and saw that
you reply me and already in page 3.
Sorry to be stubbern, but i didn't noticed that the frame must be cutted. I only think it was
the firewall to be cutted. Take the factoy weld and replace it with the new. Some kind of
plug & play...
Get nick, so what can you say from your conversion? You feel the car pretty unsafe?
There isn't a way to reinforce the strenght on the frame?
Sorry to be annoying but i really wanted to do this, but if it's unworth...

if you REALLY want to do this, call every shop in your area that works on HONDA/ACURA specifically and ask them if they will do it and how much it will cost. you will NOT be able to do this yourself.

My car is technically illegal. it is considered for show/race only. just start calling today and ask how much it will cost.

you have been posting on this thread for over a month. don't post again until you have made some phone calls. I guarantee you that you wont do this conversion. it's not going to happen.

NOW STOP TYPING AND GET ON THE PHONE!!!!

Back