Changing a fuel pump in 89 ef hatch.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Ok, i know that my EG can have the fuel pump changed from inside the car, but im not sure with the EF. I see the sending unit, but i do not see a portal for the fuel pump. (warp speed captain)

I am asking before i drop the tank, because i once did a fuel pump on a dodge stealth, and i couldnt find the hole to do it. I didnt even know one existed untill i dropped the tank. I was pissed non the less.

I would rather not install the new pump than drop the tank, but i think i may need the flow, unless you guys think the stock fuel pump is good for 190whp (in the future). I am doing a turbo d15z1 mini me swap right now (i have my reasons) and want to make sure i can feed the dsm 360's without a problem. I am also planning to be running 14lbs once i get to the dyno. till then its gona be 8.

thanks, and let me know.

Go buy yourself a Haynes manual for the car.

you have to drop the tank to change the fuel pump. it took me about an hour to do this with a full tank of gas...sucked.

hey, go to discount and buy yourself the fuel pump. youll be glad you did. funny thing is that the pump they give for the ef hatch is the same pump used in 199* eagle talon turbos. its worth putting in if your planning to do anything that uses more fuel. just fyi. but yeah, if you want you can drain the gas out first by removing the plug. good luck

Originally posted by methree@Jul 31 2005, 12:01 AM
hey, go to discount and buy yourself the fuel pump. youll be glad you did. funny thing is that the pump they give for the ef hatch is the same pump used in 199* eagle talon turbos. its worth putting in if your planning to do anything that uses more fuel. just fyi. but yeah, if you want you can drain the gas out first by removing the plug. good luck
[post=533496]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks. I already have a 255, i just am debating puttnig it in. lol.

if its not the HP walb its not gonna hurt anythign if you do. If you have the standard 255lph then, you will have no problems.

but trust me its not that easy...it take patience...

i still have not put the tank back on my rex because the damn banjo fitting on top wont fit on right....and watch out for the 2 way valve in the back...i broke mine and spent 37 bucks on the damn thing..........i would take it slow

Back