changing fuel filter on crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
ok im trying to change my fuel filter, but i cant get the old one off. any one ever change the fuel filter on a crx? i cant get the lines off the filter at all, and the filter moves inside the engine bay becasue its just strapped down, not bolted right to the firewall. so its making it very hard to remove the bolts holding the lines on. and on the lines going to the fuel rail, its like a washer with the sides cut so you have to use pliers. also the curved sides of it are threaded. do you need a special tool to do it? this is really frustrating. someone who has changed the fuel filter on a crx before please hepl me out. thank. i have included a pic so you can better understan what im dealing with.
s3f6c9cf8186b6.jpg

i changed mine about 2 months ago...the bolts are on there pretty tight..i took the whole filter out of the car and used a big wrench to keep it from spinning then it came off but that damaged the filter...so what you should do is get one of those oil filter strap tools whatever they are called and have someone hold that on the filter while you remove the bolts..make sure you dont lose those metal crush rings and make sure you put them back where they are supposed to go or you will have fuel leaks...good luck

thanks, i used an oil filter wrench, wrapped a towel around the filter and got it. thanks again.

just make sure that you only use the brass washer once, it's only meant to be used/crushed once..

yea the new filter came with new copper washers. i used them, everything is running fine with no leaks. thanks.

Back