Changing throttle cable?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbo99

How do you disconnect the throttle cable? I know how to remove it from the throttle rotor, but I'm not sure how to remove it from the opposite end. Please help. I'm sure it is easy. Do I just pull it out? I'm sure the end is hooked to something.

Originally posted by turbo99@Jul 24 2004, 11:49 AM
How do you disconnect the throttle cable? I know how to remove it from the throttle rotor, but I'm not sure how to remove it from the opposite end. Please help. I'm sure it is easy. Do I just pull it out? I'm sure the end is hooked to something.
[post=367556]Quoted post[/post]​

all you gotta do is crawl under the dash and disconnect it from your gas pedal. then to disconnect it from the firewal you just twist it and it should pop right out.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi+Jul 25 2004, 09:37 AM-->
@Jul 24 2004, 11:49 AM
How do you disconnect the throttle cable?  I know how to remove it from the throttle rotor, but I'm not sure how to remove it from the opposite end.  Please help.  I'm sure it is easy.  Do I just pull it out?  I'm sure the end is hooked to something.
[post=367556]Quoted post[/post]​

all you gotta do is crawl under the dash and disconnect it from your gas pedal. then to disconnect it from the firewal you just twist it and it should pop right out.
[post=367786]Quoted post[/post]​

That's it? I knew it was easy. I just wanted to check just in case. Thank you.

yup thats it... its a pain in the ass, but easy... you just need hands of a 5-year old. lol

Back