changing water pump

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BodyDroppedNikes

...PENDEJO....
VIP
so my water pump decided to take a shit on me today in the 0 degree weather we are having. i have to fix it and was wondering how easy it is to do it. am i going to need any special tools? i read on g2ic.com that ima need a crank pulley remover tool, is this true?

according to the Auto Zone online repair guide, it looks really easy to do and makes no mention of the crank pulley remover tool. help me out.

or should i just shell out the $300 its gonna cost me and have some shop do it?

**edit** the car is a 1990 Integra GS in case you all were wondering.

I did my water pump and timing belt on my 95 civic by myself and it was pretty easy. Just get a big breaker bar for the crank pulley, worked for me.

you will need to remove crank pulley bolt and do almost all the same things required change out your timming belt- so you might as well do that at the same tim(just some advice ) but have fun- it isnt that hard once you have done it once- make sure to check ur timming always after a job like this in case its a tooth or so off

use air tool if you cuts the time in half. and i undue (sp?) the right and rear mounts and allow the motor to sag so i can get at the pully with a little more ease

i took the car to the shop last wednesday while i had a chance. i got it back today and it seems to run a little better. they replaced the alternator belt too as it was gone. cost me about $265 for the job which isnt really bad i dont think. i was expecting worse. oh and they fixed my ABS light so its off instead of being on all the time and my drivers side axle doesnt seem like its gonna fall off like it did before i took it in there. i dunno what they did. i aint complaing tho. im glad its fixed!!

no not really. like i said, i was expecting it to be alot more. im happy with the work they did. my room mate recommended the shop that did it and i will definately do business with them again if i need anything else fixed on it that i cant do myself.

Back