charcoal canister and O2 sensor ??'s

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racintweek

ok i have an LS in my 91 civic

i broke the nipple off of my charcoal canister for the hose that goes to the t-body, w/ thsi not hooked up and being that your evap system relieves excess pressure from you gas tank, i have come to the conclusion that this is causing the excess pressure to seep out thru my gas cap. this is creating a puddle of gas inside my flap and it then runs down the side of my car(very unsightly)

1: is my assumption correct?
2: if so what can i do about it w/out replacing my canister
3: i know some people have eliminated their evap system completely, do you guys have the same prob?

when i bought my header i bought it for a 92 LS to match the engine. well as many of you know(and now i do too) the only difference is the O2 sensor placement, now, i've been running really rich as of late and getting really shitty gas mileage, would this be caused by the placement being farther back on the header?

i did a tune up when i installed the engine and ive only put about 250mi on it since then, my timing is stock, new plugs, wires, cap, rotor, thermostat, bled the coolant, etc etc etc

any insight, info, suggestions are always appreciated

thanks
joe

Back