Charlton Heston dead at 84

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have absolutely no problem with that. :D

And I do understand that a lot of the causes out there become vehicles for "look at me" kind of people, but I don't think believe that all such causes and their associated organizations are necessarily born from that.

My point was simply that if no one ever does make a stink about this kind of thing then liberals would be all too happy to take guns away from everybody, which wouldn't accomplish jack since the majority of people perpatrating violent crimes with weapons aren't registered and have no qualms about breaking the law anyway.

Sorry for the threadjack...

considering what he stood for and worked for as president of the NRA. i wouldnt really call that a thread jacking at all... hell it seems pretty damn on topic if you ask me... and seeing that this is my thread....... :D

I have absolutely no problem with that. :D

And I do understand that a lot of the causes out there become vehicles for "look at me" kind of people, but I don't think believe that all such causes and their associated organizations are necessarily born from that.

My point was simply that if no one ever does make a stink about this kind of thing then liberals would be all too happy to take guns away from everybody, which wouldn't accomplish jack since the majority of people perpatrating violent crimes with weapons aren't registered and have no qualms about breaking the law anyway.

Sorry for the threadjack...

And if no one ever makes a stink about things like missing data and warrantless wiretaps, the (neo)conservatives will be all too happy to take the 4th (and 1st!) away from us.

RealID, these wiretaps, monitoring, etc... time for you to get defending!

And if no one ever makes a stink about things like missing data and warrantless wiretaps, the (neo)conservatives will be all too happy to take the 4th (and 1st!) away from us.

RealID, these wiretaps, monitoring, etc... time for you to get defending!

I'd be more than happy to! I'm definitely more of a traditional conservative (referencing the "neo" you put in parenthesis), so I'm not at all pleased with some of the things currently going on, and I'd be just as willing to speak out against those things as well.

And I wasn't trying to insinuate that I'm a proud NRA member or that I attend rallies or anything, I'm just saying that I don't think organizations like that or their motives or members are inherently wrong...

I'd be more than happy to! I'm definitely more of a traditional conservative (referencing the "neo" you put in parenthesis), so I'm not at all pleased with some of the things currently going on, and I'd be just as willing to speak out against those things as well.

And I as a liberal (referencing your potshots) am against preventing citizens from having guns. It's a guaranteed right in this country, the argument stops there. I am for some sort of regulation (serial numbers, registration), but I am against prohibiting the population from arming itself for whatever reason.

Hell, I'll go and peel off a box of ammo at the range once every blue moon.

And I wasn't trying to insinuate that I'm a proud NRA member or that I attend rallies or anything, I'm just saying that I don't think organizations like that or their motives or members are inherently wrong...

Then by that you have no problems with the ACLU. Same book, different chapter.

Then by that you have no problems with the ACLU. Same book, different chapter.

If I had a problem with the ACLU, then it would be for the same reason that TommytheCat has a problem with the NRA, that being that some a-hole is championing causes for really no reason other than to say "hey, look at me!"

I have no problem with people forming groups and organizations to stand up for whatever cause they happen to believe in...

And sorry for the "potshots." I wasn't trying to offend anyone in particular, merely stating a counter-argument to Tommy's pre-explanation "the NRA sucks ass and Charlton Hesston was a douche" post...

Back