chassis dents/cuts/notches

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

INJEN78

HS LEGEND
ok im putting a b18a1 into my 91 si...
i know i have to dent the drivers side framerail for the alt.
but i have been told by some that i would and some that i wouldnt have to cut a notch in the front crossmember for the exhaust manifold...
also been told by some that i would/wouldnot have to dent the rear crossmember down for the rear bracket..
my question is what the hell needs done???dent the lip on rear cross member down??
cut a notch in front member for exhaust

also will my linkage work??ive been told its too long.just to ct like an inch out of it..

ive never heard of cutting the front crossmember.
yes, you will have to dent the lip down on the rear crossmember, you do this before you put the engine in. put the motor mount on the rail where it should be sitting at, then place the bracket on there, mark the width of the bracket on the rail, and smack the lip down. if you dont do it before you put the motor in, you will regret it.

and just buy the correct shift linkage, you dont wanna be under that car 40 times just to keep checking to see if you linkage is correct, believe me, you will be much happier with the quickness and ease of buying the linkage.

Back