|Chaz|'s D15b Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP

Attachments

• IMG_0833[1].jpg
    IMG_0833[1].jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0837[1].jpg
    IMG_0837[1].jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0838[1].jpg
    IMG_0838[1].jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 142
(In the process of trying to do an in-depth write up) Done for tonight 4/16/10.

Got everything besides the axles out. The bitch pin was a breeze to get out, wasn't anything like what I expected. I just used a deep 4mm socket to punch it out with. Took like 2 minutes.

#1 Jacked it up, propped up both sides of the car with jack-stands.
#2 Drained the engine oil
#3 Drained the transmission oil. It's kinda neat, all you need to remove the drain plug is a 3/8" socket wrench. No socket on the end of it, it just fits right inside the bolt.
#4 Drained the radiator fluid, there's a little cap that you twist off on the bottom, careful if you twist it all the way out it comes out of two different places.
#5 Took both the left and right front tires off.
#6 Took the aircleaner box and the intake tube. There's three bolts that hold the airbox to the frame. Pretty simple and straightforward.
#7 Removed the radiator hoses. Kinda a bitch if they haven't been off in awhile.
#8 Disconnected battery
#9 Disconnected all the engine wiring harnesses. The little clip thing is one that you press down and then pull out. Works best if you use a screwdriver to slip them apart.
#10 Drained the powersteering pump fluid, pull the hose on the top near the powersteering pulley.
#11 Disconnect the clutch slave master cylinder. It's located towards left front of the engine bay on the transmission. Remove the two bolts and it slides out with some pulling.

Last edited:
Sounds like your on ya way.. Hope u like the D15B its a good motor, used to have 1 myself :) hehe

The shitty D15b7 is out. Going to dinner and then time to get the D15b in!

I'll post some pics later when I'm on my laptop.

Back