Cheap ass stereo set up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SHOGUNOVDDRK

Ok so ive been really looking into getting my car in tune....

and as most people will say there is no use of a good car without some tunes to go with it and my tape eater will not do for me (the radio doesnt even work)

so im just curious if i buy a lcd screen and buy a seperate cd/dvd player for it will they work or will there be complications if i get them from 2 different companies? and if there would also be any complications with my car (its a 86 civic hatchback)
ill also for sure be buying some speakers to go with it (some suggestions for that would greatly be appreciated)

and will i be able to install it myself or would it just be easier to get a proffesional to install it for me?

this is what ive been looking at (yes i know its from egay but i dont mind aslong as it works ^_^ itll do for now)

eBay Australia: 7" TFT LCD CAR IN DASH MONITOR WITH TV TUNER + REMOTE (item 260121480631, end time 30-May-07 18:51:13 AEST)
(lcd screen)

eBay Australia: New 6850MP DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/MP4 Car DVD Player (item 120122797366, end time 31-May-07 02:52:57 AEST)
(dvd,cd player)

please do tell me what you think and if you have any suggestions (speakers, lcd screen and stereo) will be more then appreciated.... Im kind of clueless with this sought of thing but aslong as its cheap, nasty and will work im all ears ^_^

Thanks in advanced

got to crutchfield.com and look around... then find better prices.

all audio equipment run off wires and connections

just make sure that the dvd player has the right output/input connections for the tv and vise versa...

i would take it to a pro. details are important when installing audio equipment. you want the oem clean look. not the i did this with my limited tools look

lol im aware that it all runs off wires and connectors....i might still be a noob but im not completely stupid....i just rode on the retard bus to school as a child

tools are far from the problem....(my stepfather works in bombs and drugs.....)

no not a terrorist but he build/services the machines that catch those bastards ;)

and thanks for the dvd help...i might just get a cd player at first (thought about it lol)

i think ill take it to a professional (i could get my stepfather to do it for me) but ill just have to save up for the installation...

Last edited:
Crutchfield is great, but Name Brand Car Audio and Video at an affordable price! Savings on Car CD Players, MP3 Players, Car Amplifiers, Car Subwoofers, Car Speakers, and Car Video at Sonic Electronix! Car Audio, CD Players, MP3 Players, Subwoofers, Speakers, Car Alarms and m is usually even cheaper than Crutchfield.

Calesta turned me onto that site when i was looking for a cd player for the Windstar.

They have great prices and fast shipping. :thumbsup:

No, there shouldn't be anything wrong with your plan of attack. Its just too bad the 86 civic dash wont accomodate a double din unit with a player and screen - they are much cheaper than the single din options like: Eonon.com-E0460 7" TFT LCD IN DASH 16:9 MONITOR BUILT-IN DVD PLAYER

Eonon units are all over ebay (au and us), and this guy is about $370 Aud shipped(for some reason this model isnt on ebay). So they may only be worth it if you dont want two seperate units.

try best buy, they a 7" lcd flip out touch screen with built in dvd player for 499. the only catch is its a dual brand(yes i know they suck) but i have one and havent had any problems in the 9 months ive had it. the only mod i had to do to my dash(91 hatch) was take a knife and cut off a tab where the screen would hit when it opened. as far as speakers go i recomend a pair of infinitys

2000si that is a good site ill have a proper look later....

but untill then i think ill have to go with cats idea.....

its nice and a lil more then id want to pay but its small :)

but wouldnt i be able to get a second slot via a donor car

i saw this on a crx on ebay a while ago would that do the trick or what the fuck ever that thing is

Attachments

• da79_12.jpg
    da79_12.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 199
Back