Cheap bodykits?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

drpenguin

Well its time to dress my rex up! I have been looking around and I have picked out the kit I want. The only one I think looks good is the 12pc spider set. I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to get a good replica of one?

Originally posted by drpenguin@Aug 12 2005, 03:57 AM
Well its time to dress my rex up! I have been looking around and I have picked out the kit I want. The only one I think looks good is the 12pc spider set. I was wondering if anyone knew a good place to get a good replica of one?
[post=539174]Quoted post[/post]​

:bash:

Save your money and do it right. Don't get a cheap ass fiberglass kit. Get a urethane kit. I would look into the Mugen or a urethane replica of that. The wings west kit is pretty close. I've seen the 12 piece spyder kit in person. Not only do you have to fabricate the whole damned thing to fit your car, it isn't very functional. Your car becomes a trailer queen that loses shows because everyone is shifting away from the big ass swoops and scoops. And it'll cost you 4 times the price of the kit to install it properly.

what is so wrong with fiberglass kits, like the real buddy club 2 kit.....????? It is fiberglass .............is it no good...????????

Fiberglass is fairly sturdy, but it cracks and shatters when you try to bend it or hit it to hard. Urethane bodykits can take a little more abuse.... althouhg they're no different in my opinion, just quit bouncing your cars of curbs and learn to drive:/

cheap bodykit=cheap fit. bodykits in general are just extra weight. at least go with a jdm one if you really want to do that to your rex.

Chinsing on the price of the kit always leads to either shitty fitment or a shitload of extra work getting it to fit correctly.

If you're going to get anything more than a basic 4-piece kit, just pay the money and buy one that will fit well out of the box. a 12-piece kit is gonna be a bitch to install anyway.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Aug 13 2005, 01:39 PM
No, just get the SiR conversion from hmotors. Its differenct and looks good, but its not ricy.
[post=539651]Quoted post[/post]​

werd, a crx with the jdm front and a nice lip is hotness

and im def not a fan of everything Mad tyte JDM like HT is about.. It just looks so much better than any body kit ever would

Back