Cheap Boost?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brc80

Well i was toying with the idea of going ls/vetc, but after some thought i think i may want to boost. This is my daily driver, so i dont want to push huge amounts of boost through it. So my question for all you boost guru's on the board is, I want to go boost as cheap as possible while still being reliable. So any suggestions on what i will need will be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by brc80@Sep 5 2003, 03:57 PM
Well i was toying with the idea of going ls/vetc, but after some thought i think i may want to boost. This is my daily driver, so i dont want to push huge amounts of boost through it. So my question for all you boost guru's on the board is, I want to go boost as cheap as possible while still being reliable. So any suggestions on what i will need will be a great help.

Thanks in advance.

cheap and reliable really don't mix, but you can always start with a dsm turbo and build your junkyard kit from there.

Well when i say cheap i dont mean putting it togeather with zip ties, and silly putty. But i would like to run a small amout of boost. What is involved with some of the junkyard setups you guys have run?

you can build a cheap kit- just don't skimp on the fuel management side.

Well with my currnet setup, what would you guys run? As far as turbo, intercooler, fuel managment, and so fouth?

Thanks for the help.

if i had to do it cheaply....

i'd run a used maxrev, rev hard, or some kinda T3 flanged log manifold
some kinda volvo or saab T3 .63 a/r
custom piping
eclipse intercooler
vafc
dsm 440's
intank 255 pump
2 hours on the dyno

Thanks ill look into pricing that out. Anyother sugestions still welcome.

im trying to do the same thing.... check the budget plan thread i started.... if you can find the stuff i did for the same prices , you could probably run 5-6psi for less than $1500

Listen to Pissedoffsol, he sounds like he knows his shit B)

Back