1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheap coilover kit?

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Thrust101, Nov 14, 2009.

1. Thrust101

Thrust101 New Member

sup guys got a ek civic and im looking for a relatively cheap decent coil over kit somewhere between $250-$425 anyone have any info or links to sites, i always find the same ones that are expensive as shit any help?

2. Slow&Delirious

Slow&Delirious isn't fast or furious

skunk2 off egay would fit into your budget, however getting them installed is a horse of a diffrent color. if you have a spring compressor your in luck, but if you have to pay a shop to do it, be prepared to lay down 300+ in labor

3. 91civisedaner

91civisedaner Senior Citizen

spring compressor? use a grinder to cut the stockers in half,then sell the cut up springs to the local ricer boys!!!!

4. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

The spring compressing machines that shops use are expensive, but you can actually but a set of spring compressing clamps from auto parts stores for $20-$30. Some stores will rent them out too...

5. 97hatch

97hatch ?

i wont tell of the dangerous way i used to do it when i was 16-17 but now i have a well equiped garage and wouldnt think of doing it that way again ever

6. Thrust101

Thrust101 New Member

yeah my brother inlaw has a shop so gettin em istalled isnt wat im worried about, so wats the word on the cheaper tien coils heard lots of different shit about them

7. Thrust101

Thrust101 New Member

found raceland coils for $248 shipped, my buddy has em on his crx and they are pretty sturdy headr any bad shit about them?

8. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Tein is a great company, but be careful what springs you buy, they have eleventy billion different springs available from stock to full "race". You don't want to replace your stock springs with something that is pretty much a stock spring. And the race stuff is pretty tough.

Look into neuspeed sport springs, or race springs, depending on what you are doing with the car. You won't be let down.

9. Slow&Delirious

Slow&Delirious isn't fast or furious

i like eibach but they can be pricey sometimes, I have a friend who has Tein springs on his IS300 and it rides just as good as stock

and if you decide to use a method other than a wall mounted spring compressor just be safe about it, people have actually been killed from coil springs

10. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

if you're getting lowering springs, get sport shocks with it. save up until you can afford both. its not worth doing the labor twice and you'll regrest having a stiff spring on a lame shock

11. Thrust101

Thrust101 New Member

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted