cheap ebay intakes=evil ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evilgsr

well i was changing my air filter in my gsr and got to thinking that for only 20 more dollars than the price of an oem replacement filter i could pick up one of those cheap short ram style ebay intakes would i actually be hurting myself by doing this or would it really help my car breath a little better albeit being a little ricey this basically is just temporary until i get my turbo kit , also do the filters on the valvecover i think their called "breather filters" help or hurt more from what i understand they take some pressure off the engine but i dunno just curious <_<

not the carb legal intake filters such as injen and aem, i think k and n to

Get a cheap ebay one and then get some exhaust wrap, or heat shilding wrap and wrap up the tube. Better than AEM!! :D

I have had problems with the cotton gauze being too porous and not retaining oil well. If you get the eBay cheapo intake I recommend getting a k&n filter for it. But by that time you are almost to the price of a good SRI.

Originally posted by Jim Truett@Jun 10 2004, 09:06 AM
I have had problems with the cotton gauze being too porous and not retaining oil well. If you get the eBay cheapo intake I recommend getting a k&n filter for it. But by that time you are almost to the price of a good SRI.

What's a SRI ??

Originally posted by KCREX@Jun 9 2004, 11:45 PM
i don't think those cheap ram air have a carb #

they don't, i can get carb legal CAIs for most all hondas for 80, still no 20 dollar ebay special...

Back