Cheap engine build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Benny2p

Hello everyone. I have a 93 Honda Civic Eg hatch, sohc vtec motor, but was planning to swap to a B series motor. Just wondering what would be the best motor for the price. Was planning to turbo the car, looking for 400/500 horsepower. Anyone know the best way to achieve this horsepower goal rather cheaply? Thank you all in advance!

I'm guessing $6000-8500 to get a B18B1 swap, Complete turbo kit, LSD, injectors, exhaust, clutch, and other stuff I'm missing. And that's with all labor done by yourself or someone who works for free....yeah.

Then there's a chip (in the ECU that came with swap) and a tune. That price can vary but I'm thinking $400-500.

I really wouldn't turbo without all the other parts I mentioned (plus stuff I'm not remembering right now). But if it's just a "fun" car (non-DD), then you can do whatever you want. Including nitrous on the stock motor before you swap :idea:

Not going to be a DD. Just something to roll around in every other weekend or once a month. Thanks a lot!

over 300 ish on the street, all you do is blow up tires and go slower. if it's a weekend cruiser, shoot for 325 as a max goal.

gsr, some rods, pistons, , itr cams, good injectors, standalone, and of course a decent turbo set up should get you there.

but don't skimp on the suspension, brakes, safety, etc either.

b16($500)with a turbo kit($600) and ls($400) or b16($500) each 330hp could be daily on 93 octane without any issues and be a lot of fun and with power to weight ratio you would be surprised what you pull on

Back