budget swap not worried about major tuneing or raceing

• D16Z6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D16Y8

• DOHC

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BoogieDown

looking for a cheap easy swap for my 88 DX(OBD wireing i'm not worried about) I'm not looking to race or tune it extensively. i have looked at all of these over and over and can't decide on which one to go w/. I'm looking for a little more power than i have now and w/ less miles (at 200k now) and something that will be easy to get parts for and is reliable. hope this is enought and not too tall of an order.
thx for reading and you input

first poll i have ever submitted and i messed up the choices
sorry

I would go with DOHC ZC...I don't know why you're doing an engine swap anyway if your not going to tune it or race it...but oh well...

UnlimitedEK9

because i have 200k on my engine now. my 4spd tranny is grinding. i want to.
i have a 86 monte carlo that is the car i tune and make go fast. not knocking hondas but i have a car i poured money into for speed

PS i said no MAJOR tuneing.

go with either the dohc zc or the d15b. dohc zc is the easier of the two to do. dohc zc parts are similar to the old integra from 88 i believe.

I to voted for the DOHC ZC. It doesnt matter what engine you go with as you will have to convert to MPFI. But if you go with the JDM D15/Z6/Y8 you will have to not only convert to MPFI but also wire VTEC. ALong with doing some re-wiring since the engines are a lot newer than the car they are going in.

The DOHC ZC parts can be interchanged with 88-89 integras. If no ECUI comes with the DOHC ZC you can run an 88-89 Integra ECU, but the car will run rich.

Good Luck.

Originally posted by SpodaB1@Jun 29 2004, 10:44 PM
I to voted for the DOHC ZC. It doesnt matter what engine you go with as you will have to convert to MPFI. But if you go with the JDM D15/Z6/Y8 you will have to not only convert to MPFI but also wire VTEC. ALong with doing some re-wiring since the engines are a lot newer than the car they are going in.

The DOHC ZC parts can be interchanged with 88-89 integras. If no ECUI comes with the DOHC ZC you can run an 88-89 Integra ECU, but the car will run rich.

Good Luck.

or you can just run an si ecu

I did a dohc zc in my crx, easy to do, and "cheap" all things considered. I just figured out the gas mileage on it, 44.5 to the gallon using 93 octane, and that includes going to the race track! :spin:

i think i'm gonna go ZC since i have some 88-91 D-series stuff sitting around that i can use.
I have seen a few site that talkabout porting hte header to fit the ZC head, will this weaken an after market header since the primariers are so thin?

You only have to port the header very slightly to fit your ZC head. It's really not that big of a deal. Just set your new exhaust gasket on the header, and bust out the dremel tool, and make the ports match the gasket. As far as the ECU, there are tons of choices. You can use the PM6, PM7, PR4, PG7 (probably the best), and you can always get something chipped.

thanks for all your votes,help and info. i'm going Z6 cause if everything goes like it should i'm gonna get a steal of a deal on one and i did some soul searching and i know i will want to make it faster and want to tune and tweek. With every thing i drive i wanna make it go faster. I put a getto N02 setup on a 84 mustang 2.3 w/ 200miles on it just so i could do 130 on the freeway(stupid i know)

Back