*cheap* good Coilovers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryangt

i have some of the cheapy 4 inch drop coilovers on my other crx and they are stiff as shit, i dont mind but on my other crx i drive to work every day 100 miles in i put some 00 si alloys on it but need to close that wheel gap, what kidn of spring options do i have? or should i just go cheap and get another set of those springs off ebay?

The best bang for the buck is either, KYB AGX with Ground Controls, or Tein Basics. But that is for performance, not looks.

well i would definatly like them to perform cuz i like to be able to corner n shit looks are also important tho, i spent alot of time making this rex cherry so it needs to look good but it only needs to be set down on the si wheels.
so what will give me both ?

i bought the warrantee special series from discount part store.....and dropzone coilovers...i dont recomend this for you its a bit bouncy ....dont get coilovers

decent set up
eibach / KYB
my2c

Originally posted by ryangt@Jan 3 2005, 09:58 PM
thanks guys so will that give me a drop or anything?
[post=440720]Quoted post[/post]​

Sportline springs offer an increased drop, from 1.5 to 2 inches from stock height......

Ground control usese eibach springs, and will allow you to adjust your ride height. I say KYB AGX, and ground controls, but that is me.

your a street guy, back and fourth to work and what not right? you want a street ride, but also to be able to handle some turns and performance, right?

Spring:
go with eibach sport line springs, about a 2" drop, depending on application.
you could also go with Ground control coilovers which use eibach springs

Shock:
go with KYB AGX Adjustible shocks, these shocks have the ability to give you a nice stock ride back and fourth to work and with a very quick adjustment you can hit the tracks at any import show with out a hitch, and you'll car will perform great.

Price:
this is a very nice set up, it will cost you around $800-$900 including all alignment kits and depending on the spring you get.

decision:
its up to you, are you willing to spend a little cash and get a great ride and performance out of it, OR go cheap and jiggle your buns to work, your call, you pay for what you get!!!

yeah id have to agree with the agx. cheap in price but good quality.

what do you guys think of the tein s springs?? what will they do for me? hows the ride? do they lower at all?

they lower around 1.5" depending on car. they ride very well, but that's because they're a softer spring. so less performance.

I vote KYB AGX's with Tanabe GF210 springs. Drops it 1.75 in the front 1.5 rear, decent ride quality and will handle very well.

i would've never thought that you would ever suggest some thing like that......do not cut your springs....i know of people crashng their cars because of that shit....and its ricey :tpp:

yeah he really means just heat them up with a torch and and add alot of weight to your car for a few minutes o_O

lol

Back