1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheap integra power

Discussion in 'Integra' started by competitiveaudioman, Nov 1, 2006.

1. competitiveaudioman

competitiveaudioman New Member

i have a 92 integra b18ls auto. i was wondering what i can do to make my car faster but without a thick walet. any sugestions? where do i start? it has 180xxx mi on it but it runs real strong. im new to the import scene so any suggestions would help. thanx

2. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

Nitrous is nice and cheap. Motor already has 180K might as well finish it off right :p

3. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

It would be a toss up for what part died first with Nitrous, the motor or the transmission...

4. get_nick

get_nick These snozzberries taste like snozzberries... VIP

if you want to make your car faster, drive down a lot of hills.

5. tartymctang2357

tartymctang2357 Grand High Wizard

do an auto transmission swap with a b16 transmission or gsr transmission, if you can do it yourself or get a friend to do it for you it should only cost something like 600 bucks and while it won't add power it'll get you moving faster off the line

an auto really limits your possibilities because you can't hold it in gear and usually they aren't worth the money in mods that you put into them because of the auto transmission's gearing

it really all depends on how big your wallet is, it would help us to give you suggestions if you could at least give us the amount you can spend on mods

Last edited: Nov 1, 2006
  6. competitiveaudioman

budget

im looking to spend no more then 3000 for everything.

7. tartymctang2357

do you wanna stay all motor or go for forced induction ie. turbo,supercharger,n2o?
    any horsepower goals in mind?
    do you want it as a daily driver, track car, weekend warrior?

8. greygoose

greygoose Junior Member

Change the tranny first mod you should do then go from there. And like what was asked before d.d., track car, or weekend warrior?

9. competitiveaudioman

i would like to have a everyday driver. turbo would be awesome but how much boost can a stock engine take? i would like to rebuild the engine but i cant find any rebuild kits. any help? also is it possible to put a v-tec head on my b18ls block? which head would i use? do i have to piggy back the computers or just get computer of the car that i got the v-tec head off?

10. tartymctang2357

the amount of boost that an engine can take is kinda dependent on the tune that you get with the engine. most of the time people stay around the 7-9 psi range on a stock engine.

Import Performance Parts - Acura HP Engine Kits
    look at that for a rebuild kit, but its usually a shit-ton cheaper just to find all the parts separetly then a kit, those kits will kinda give you an idea on what you need

yes you can put a vtec head on a non-vtec block, its called an ls/vtec, and they're pretty potent engines if built right, you can use any b-series vtec head for the ls/vtec, you'll need an ls/vtec oil kit for it which can be had anywhere from $50 to $300. you don't have to piggyback anything for ls/vtec, a tune is strongly recomended for one tho

you don't have to get a vtec ecu, you can have a non-vtec ecu (like the one you have) reprogrammed and chipped to run a vtec motor, the easy way would be to get a vtec ecu and use that but you still need to tune the ecu

11. sprjit22

sprjit22 New Member

Hell if you got 3k to spend Im sure that if you looked hard enough you could get a gsr swap with tranny & install it yourself..

12. sprjit22

sprjit22 New Member

here is some links to motors & etc
    fS: B SERIES SWAP !! under a grand - Tampa Racing

Hell here is a jdm gsr swap & add 175 & get the lsd tranny...
    eBay Motors: JDM b18c b18c1 gsr complete 5-speed swap b18 strong (item 230045628126 end time Nov-07-06 11:04:32 PST)

Just look arround & you will find a good motor for that price. I personally just bought a gsr motor that was in the process of being built for 1900. head work already done block guard, eagle rods, cp pistons arp rod, main & headstuds. all kinds of stuff still in the boxes

Last edited: Nov 6, 2006
  13. competitiveaudioman

thanx. u guys are a big help. it looks like it might be cheaper to find a low mi. jap b18 then it would to rebuild mine. ebay has them for under 800 bucks. would that be the way to go or rebuild my stock? also, bout the turbo, can you run a turbo without an intercooler? im into the clean, non cluterd look. i dont want to see a bunch of pipes under my hood. if i can what would i use to cool my turbo? co2? i want to boost it bad but im not really sure of what i need for the basics..turbo, piping, oil line, boost controller, waistgate, manafold...anything else? thanx alot

14. sprjit22

sprjit22 New Member

The intercooler dont cool the turbo. It cools thge temp of the air going into your intake. Basically it works the same way as your radiator but for air.Now as far as motors are concerned you may be able to find a b18 at a local yard somewhere. If you know someone that has a dealers license I know where their is an integra with a C.O.D. (certificate of destruction) that has a turbo on it. Im sure you could get the whole car for like 1-2k & that would give you all the extra parts to sell to get most of your money back & it would be esentially free. Here is the link. Click on "Search for vehicles" then fill out the following part. I just search for 1994-2001 passenger vehicles & acura. I leav the rest blank. Then select the yards you want to view. The car I mentioned is in the tampa yard.
    https://www.sadiscosouth.net/default.asp

15. integraracer157

integraracer157 Junior Member

with an automatic i would run a supercharger, and change to the b16 tranny. superchargers work really well with automatics for some odd reason. thats what i would run.

16. SlushboxTeggy

SlushboxTeggy It's only stupid if it doesn't work VIP

I would buy an XSI b16 from Hmotorsonline. It has a cable b16 tranny and then you can use the head, tranny, and ecu. I think that is the most cost effective thing for you to do. Then you can bolt the ls head to the b16 block and have a spare motor as well. Hell if you have some friends with know how and will do it for beer money then you might even have money left over for a small DIY turbo kit.

17. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Don't you usually put the B16 head on an LS block?
    Are you drunk? :p

18. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

You can use the B16 or the GSR(B18C1) or the ITR(B18C5) head for that matter.

19. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

He's saying buy a B16 w/tranny and ecu, take the head, tranny, and ecu and do LS/VTEC on the B18 the guy already has in his car, and then he can put together the leftover LS head and B16 block for a spare motor.

20. klyph

klyph Dismember VIP

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted