cheap phone providers/plans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i have Verizon currently... i know that i could get cheaper service elsewhere, but i also know that my coverage would suffer... so i am content paying extra and sticking with them...

i concur.. i'm completely happy w/ Verizon and have no plans to change it.. the phones are better, the service is better... so i guess theres a reason its more expensive

its like buying a TV.. you can pay less for the Westinghouse, but is its quality on par w/ the Samsung that you'll only pay a little more for?

I didn't read ever post but check out Metro PCS. We just got them in the NJ/NY area and from what I hear they have pretty decent service and if my memory serves me correct, an unlimited plan (including data) for about $40.

while they do seem to have limited coverage here, the website tells me no.

MetroPCS Coverage is Not Available In Your Area At This Time

You have entered a zip code that is not within a MetroPCS service area.

Attachments

• MetroPCS - Coverage_1268243635207.png
    MetroPCS - Coverage_1268243635207.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 293
Metro PCS is one of the carriers around here. While I have no personal experience with them, I have a couple friends/family who have used them and hated them.

Very limited coverage areas was the complaint I heard. Basically you have to stay in your "Metro" area or you get nothing, and they don't roam at all, at least around here.

How to Qualify

The process to qualify for Lifeline Service depends on the State you live in. In general, you may qualify if...

1. You already participate in other State or Federal assistance program such as Federal Public Housing Assistance, Food Stamps and Medicaid. OR
  2. Your total household income is at or below 135% of the poverty guidelines set by your State and/or the Federal Government. AND
  3. No one in your household currently receives Lifeline Service through another phone carrier.
  4. You have a valid United States Postal Address. In order for us to ship you your free phone you must live at a residence that can receive mail from the US Post Office. Sorry, but P.O. Boxes cannot be accepted.
In addition to meeting the guidelines above you will also be required to provide proof of your participation in an assistance program, or proof of your income level.

jesus.

Connecticut Poverty Resource Center

$10k is poverty level.

Can you really not make 10k?
that is $27 a day.

so, if you work more than 3 hours a day at minimum wage, you are above poverty level.

pretty fucking sad that so many qualify for this nonsense.

well if you think about it, E2 in the US army gets ~14K a year. and he works nearly 365 days. sad isnt it?

yeah, but he also eats free, is clothed free, lives rent free, has no fuel costs, electricity, VA benefits, etc etc etc etc.

facor all that in, and 14k is about what most people have after those bills on a 70k salaray.

Hello B! My name is BJ DeHut and I represent Sprint online as their SprintCareGuide. I just wanted to pass to you an insider tip concerning Sprint’s Service Plans.
You can get special Sprint employee pricing on your plan thanks to employee Russ Maguire. If you are not already a Sprint customer (this can be used for a 30 day trial) or you are a Sprint customer interested in adding additional lines, visit Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program and enter Russ.S.McGuire@Sprint.com and 383.
You can then choose from our best selection of devices and broadband cards with device and service pricing normally reserved for Sprint employee friends and family.
This offer requires a new device with activation of a new line of service and a two year agreement.
Subject to credit approval. Up to $36 activation & $150 early termination fees apply per line. Offers available at sprint.com only.

yeah, but he also eats free, is clothed free, lives rent free, has no fuel costs, electricity, VA benefits, etc etc etc etc.

facor all that in, and 14k is about what most people have after those bills on a 70k salaray.

oh.. i know :lol:

Hrm,

with a free phone (LG Rumor2â„¢), 500 anytime min + free nights/weekends (more than enough for me), unlimited text, no data/web, i'm still at $40 a month + taxes on the employee plan.

pocket is still winning out i think.
for the same $40 a month, I get unlimited minuets, no contract, and unlimited data
but the coverage area isn't as wide and the available phones are just... lame.

blah.

i'm still not excited or happy or satisfied with anything on the market.

payphone.jpg

+

2way_pagerweb.jpg

that should do you. lol.
you're pretty much backed into a corner B. looks like you'll either have to have a contract and pay slightly more than you want for good service/phone.
or you'll have to sacrifice service/phone for no contract and lower cost.

heres what you do. go down to E's room, write one brand on one wall, next brand on another wall, and so on around the room, use the ceiling if you have more than four you are thinking about.
then, you beat E senseless and whichever wall/brand has more blood on it, is the one you go with.

simple enough.

there's no pay phones anywhere any more. i know of 1 in town, other wise i would rock a pager :D

Dude, go with pocket. About a month ago I just went in and bought one for the business phone and I have to say I'm quite impressed so far with the service coverage area. I've tested it in numerous places and even places that my iPhone doesn't get service the pocket does. I got the R350 from Samsung for free (told him he'd have to sell me and he threw in the free phone) and I got the $40 a month plan. I might cancel my AT&T plan and stick with pocket.

I has the LG Rumor 2 for a bit and it was alright. However, data will be pretty much worthless on it. The browser is horrible well it was on the previous rumor. Sprint in my are is rock solid and I have yet to have an issue with billing and such.

well, my girlfriend has t-mobile and she never gets service and drops calls like crazy but she pays $50 a month for unlimited talk and text.
My friend has pocket wireless and he gets good service but they may depend a lot on where you are, but he's never dropped a call.
Sprint is pretty good too. but personally I would say go with pocket and the cool thing is, is there is no contract so if you don't like it you could just sell the phone, and you get a month free

STRAIGHT TALK!!!
go to walmart and look around the electronics..its a green package..
$45 monthly..no contract/bill or anything..its prepaid..but you get u get unlimited web.text.call and all that..with great service

Back