cheap phone providers/plans

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

45/50 are basically double the $25 price point i'm looking at.

I rarely use the phone. 10 min talk, and 95% of my texts come from the HS server :X
But, i want to be able to grab a gps map of google when i'm out, or check in on facebook every now and then, and if i do something stupid or the server crashes, i need unlimited text, because it can easily hit 30,000 emails/text an hour (not kidding).

@Drake, did you have opera mini on it? It looks like thats an app to install, and thus, a decent web browser. Plus, it has apps for facebook, etc.

Oh okay sweet. They must have tweaked the OS quit a bit, the Rumor I had was still a dumb phone.

Have you checked HSN or QVC, i saw one the other day, it was ATT/TMobile that the phones uses both towers, the phone was like 100 bucks and came with 500 minutes + you get life time 500 minute cards for 1/2 price

Metropcs. $40/mo and no contract. Unlimited text/talk/web.

The service is horrendous outside of NYC. Good thing I never leave.

B, if you find a phone or carrier that allows a "Fav 5" or "A list" or whatever, I still have a couple Google Voice invites--I'll send you one, add that number to the list of free calls, and make all your calls that way.

I have a GV account. that's not a bad idea, but requires me to remember peoples phone numbers. lol

I have a GV account. that's not a bad idea, but requires me to remember peoples phone numbers. lol

no it doesn't.
13819d1280201272-screen-shot-2010-07-26-11.26.11-pm.png

FInd a google voice app for whatever phone you choose, or use the gv mobile website.

(added benefit is the ability to block crazy chicks)

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-07-26 at 11.26.11 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-07-26 at 11.26.11 PM.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 249
Well I was just saying what I did for my specific example. I was stuck in a contract with AT&T and I didnt want to spend 90+ on my Blackberry anymore. So I just got an unlocked phone and they no longer can charge me data. I just choose to spend the 10 bucks to take advantage of the apps and navigation.

I would suggest picking up an unlocked phone (prepaid phones suck) and just using it with the prvider of your choice. E outlined the basic plans but you also have to check for company discounts. Just a hint... Comcast offers 20% off your voice plan, and all they do it check for email verification. They recognize a home comcast.net email as an employee... so you can snag 20% off your bill..

Wait... so you're saying if you buy an unlocked phone you do not need to add the data plan through your service provider? That would save $30+ dollars a month. Maybe I'm misreading this.

Back