Cheap Power Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mech

Banned
I have a b18a in my gen2 teg and was wondering what the main difference in the 2 Ls motors are. As far as I know its just the cams. I want to get my car to run 14.5ish with bolt ons. I currently ran a 15.7 with a pretty much stock motor and some gutting. If I get some B18b cams, a b16 cable tranny, IHE, and some fuel, do you see this being a feesable accomplishment? I would go LS/Vtec but my motor runs very strong and It is capable of good times. Or should I just f@ck it all and get a turbo kit for say 3 grand? Opinions please

if your already doing a 15.7 (on street tires???) get some slicks on some light rims and youll be somewhere in the mid 14 area

instead of the B18B cams look into some crowers (402s or 403s)
with those and everythng else you will definatly be well into the 14s

he was asking about ls/vtec or turbo.

Last time I checked putting CTR pistons in isn't vtec, and isn't forced induction. Thats just me though. I mean, you might be able to say something else.

And the reason I deleted it was because it isn't helping him at all. Apparently you don't grasp the point of a question/answer forum.

btw: I vote ls/t.

Yes I will say somthing else you must have not read what he said. He wants to know how to make his LS motor faster and what is the difference between the B18A and the B18B is. I am trying to help answer his questions and you are just posting to get your post count up.

The difference in the 2 motors was cams and Valve sizes. You should be able to get a complete B20Z head, Z is important it has the same cams as a 94 up LS, or 94 up LS head for $120 or so. Might want to look into a lighter flywheel while you are swapping trannies and lighter wheels. LS VTEC would costmore than a turbo, you will be suprised with the improvement of the B16 tranny.

Originally posted by CriztheWiz@Apr 21 2003, 09:04 PM
so if you right somthing dumb you can just delete cool.

Dude. Fine. You can have your CTR pistons. It's a good upgrade. there.

Chill out kid.

Back