1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheaper Swap?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by professorjohnfrink, Feb 14, 2003.

1. professorjohnfrink

professorjohnfrink Junior Member

which swap would be cheaper in the long run, h22a or ls/t (including engine tuning, and maintenance for the turbo)?

2. kyleirwin

kyleirwin Retired OG

into what car? would you want to mod either or the engines? are you just lookin' for a bolt on turbo kit? if so... which one? need more info.

3. professorjohnfrink

it would be a 5g civic. I would want a reliable turbo that would not need alot of maintenance. I probably would get it done at a shop. I hope that helps.

4. mwasnp

mwasnp Senior Member

B series parts are MUCH cheaper, ie pistons, rods, sleeving, manifolds, etc. And the ls motor is cheaper to begin with. So there ya have it.

5. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

Not true. Sometimes they're the same price, and sometimes the H-series parts will be a few bucks more. That is, unless you're dealing with a vendor who's jacking the prices of his H-series parts because people think they should be more expensive.

6. professorjohnfrink

so I'm still not sure which one would be cheaper in the end, assuming the h22a or ls/t would be all i'm talking about, no other mods.

7. dohcvtec_accord

dohcvtec_accord WRX Sellout

I'd guess it would be about the same. The extra money you'd spend on the VTEC engine (H22), axles, mounts, etc, would be made up in the B-series with all the turbo bits. Just depends on if you want forced induction or N/A. You've also got a little more power potential with the ls/t.

8. rsaeini

rsaeini Senior Member

An entire H22 swap for your EG is about $3000-4000. An LS will run you about half that price.
    Depending on if you want forced induction or N/A. I'm going N/A so I'm already in the works of getting my H22. Hopefully if all goes well my car should be going into the shop next Friday or Saturday to begin work on my swap.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted