Cheat Your Odomoeter?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpyOneUSN

ok i know most of the peeps on this site are all about smaller rims and shit. i myslef have 205/40/16 on my ek. but i was thinkin after looking at the tire/speed calculator thing... now this is all hypothetical bear in mind... if i was a dumb fuck and put some deuce deuce's (bling bling) with 215/30's on my 98 ex coupe which originally had 195/60/14's (i think), my speedo would read 60 when im actually doin about 71.4 , so if im actually covering more ground than my speedometer (and odometer) really thinks im goin, technically im putting less miles on my car right? and if you put some 145/30/12's on that piece ("nah they tens, but i keep em clean tho"-next friday) my speedo would read 60 when im actually only doin 40.7 keep in mind that i have never heard of any tire company making these size tires. my point is, get bigger rims! the bigger the better! and HUGE FUCKING TIRES! youll save the value of your car! that extra money could go towards other stuff like a HUG FUCKING SPOILER! and "body graphics". smaller rims=more miles. sure you could just disconnect the odometer, but thats illegal. :lol:

Well that money save on your car's value would later be spent on more gas (takes alot more to spin them), more engine wear (same as above) and more money spent towards tires. One reason why I got 195-50-15's over 205-50-15's is because the tires cost about 70 more per tire. Also, you would have the embaresment of having 20's on your car. I would rater have an extra 5% more miles on my car then have gay wheels on them.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Apr 14 2003, 08:31 PM
Well that money save on your car's value would later be spent on more gas (takes alot more to spin them), more engine wear (same as above) and more money spent towards tires. One reason why I got 195-50-15's over 205-50-15's is because the tires cost about 70 more per tire. Also, you would have the embaresment of having 20's on your car. I would rater have an extra 5% more miles on my car then have gay wheels on them.

70 more per tire? i don't know where you buy your tires but they are hosing you

Yeah, we try not to find illegal things to do to your car on here.

PS kids : if you want to cheat milage, just go buy a new cluster with low miles--that's why my old 94 civic is about to roll over on 76k miles ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back