checik engine light!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DravenVX

Okay i have noticed numerous threads on idle problems and other things that my car is doing but i have a few questions of my own. First off went to get my car emissions tested a while ago and it failed cuz of my p28ecu. I noticed later that my o2 sensor was literally fried, it was all black and crispy looking. i put the stock B16a computer back in and it passed with a new o2 sensor as well. Now lets fast forward a few weeks and my idle is up and down constantly, even when it's warm, it still does it. My car is still spitting out this black ash crap from my exhaust and it gives off these little back fires but it doesnt smoke or shoot out flames , it just sounds like a popping sound, little pops here and there! Today i was driving around and my check engine light went on while i went from 2nd to 3rd gear and it kinda shocked me. I got home, shut the car off, no check engine light and i drove around the bock a few times and nothing, what could it be???Now should i change my spark plugs and check my 02 sensor again or what? I have a B16A with intake and exhaust (magnaflow CAT) and it's been running rich( i think) ever since i have had the swap done! Whats the first thing i should check or do, etc...

thanks in advance

Might wanna check your timing. It might also be your MAP sensor playing tricks on you if you have replaced the O2 and put the stock computer in.

Quoted post[/post]]
Might wanna check your timing. It might also be your MAP sensor playing tricks on you if you have replaced the O2 and put the stock computer in.

Now i still had the crappy p28 ecu in after i replaced my 02 sensor, should i check it again. Would the sensor cause the check engine light? Either way I will check both, thanks!

The popping is the engine backfiring. You're running rich.

Back