Check engine light 98 civic dx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lil tomboi

My check engine light went on a day after I pumped gas in my car. My gas cap seemed a little loose, & I was wondering if that caused it to come on. Also, does anyone know of a place to get the light checked for free? Does Pep Boys do it? Thank you..:(

yup, thats the issue. screw the gas cap back on tight, and you can roll to autozone and have them clear it for free (i dont know if pepboys does it for free).

theres something about a check the computer does when the ignition is turned on....i think like every 6 times or something.

its all just random memory...the easy way is just to take it to autozone after youve tightened the gas cap.

Got a code reading on my check engine light. It said, PO135 bank1, sensor1, whatever that means. Does anyone specifically know what it means, and should I replace my o2 sensor like my mechanic said?

I would clear the code first and see if it comes back on. The code is for the primary O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction. They have a heating circuit on the sensor to allow it to warm up quicker as the O2 sensor can only read properly when it is hot.

If the code comes back you will likely need to replace your primary O2 sensor.. it's not very uncommon for them to go bad.

Back