Check engine light after air intake install

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grifter2162

Ok i have a 2000 civic Si

I bought a front mount air intake (go ahead flame if you must, i like it) after installing the front mount it ran fine for a while, about 2 weeks, just recently as i was getting on the interstate, i was in 2nd and speeding up when my car kinda bogged down for a second then picked back up and the CEL came on. I went to autozone and had them check the code, i think the thing said P188 but the guy didnt tell me and I couldnt see the read out ver well, he did say that on my map sensor I am getting a high input though, I assume this is because of the front mount air intake I have on the car. Is there any way to fix this problem without gettting a new or chipped ecu. This is my daily driver so if there is no fix then off with the front mount. Please help

Thank you all in advance

its probly from getting on the highway like that it kind of force inductioned it and screwed with your MAP, but it doesnt seem like it should do that right? :unsure:

The most your MAP will see without boost is 0.01, trust me... i used to play with my S-AFC when i had it, and WOT it would hit .01 psi... :)

I would say to reset the code and see if it comes back.. if it comes back, then you start worrying...

thanks for the help all but after looking more closely when i had time i found out that a sensor on top of the throttle body popped off because of the way it sits right under the sway bar, works fine now. thanks anyways

its always nice when it turns out to be something so simple :) how do u like that front mount intake? does it really add alot of power? ive yet to see any dyno results of it and wonder if its more effective than a standard cold-air intake. also, does it need to be cleaned alot? how easy/hard is it to take out and clean?

well it has only been on about 2 weeks, adds a bit more power than the cheap little autozone intake the car had. Sounds very nice, sort of a pain to take out if you leave the middle plastic section of the front bumper in, you know the part were a front license plate botls too. I left mine in to hide the intake, I dont want some idiot trying to think I am posing my car off to be turbo. As far as cleaning the filter it came with is cheap, i am trying to find a k&n or some kind that will fit. the only thing about it is keep away from deep puddles, but other than that, it looks good under the hood, it sounds good, and for it being the only mod i think it had a better effect than a typical intake. I like it. One cool thing too is that it has this plastic cover to keep over the main part of the filter for day to day driving so you dont catch any bugs, small cats, etc... in your intake, but when its time to go to the track then off it goes with four simple screws that you can take off by hand.

i would remove anything that is blocking the filter,it doesnt matter what other people think and if your not lazy you could just clean it out whenever it gets full of bugs.

i just don't like the idea of a 90 degree turn right off on the intake. straight line is best just like an exhaust.

Back