Check engine light came on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nismogod

Ok, my check engine light used to come on, and when i checked the CEL codes it was

9*- Accord Civic CRV CRX Del Sol Odyssey Prelude
85-98** 86-98 97-98 85-91 93-97 95-98 85-98
CYP Sensor (Cylinder)
defective circuit or unplugged / defective sensor
* not a valid code for any throttle body injection Hondas
** not a valid code for V-6 engines

now it used to break up bad up top. And cause of the code, we replaced the whole distributor with a brand new one. Problem went away. and so did the code. Well, the code is back. After maybe a week of absence. Car still doesn't break up near the top, but sometimes it feels like its misfiring. and the CEL code is the one shown above. WTf? any ideas

btw, its a obd1 p28 running an h22 in an EG.

just didnt really feel like starting another tread, i thought it would be a waste. anyone of you guys know which ecu to use when changing over a jdm b16 to a usdm in order to smog.

first...dont worry about having too many threads. second check references before you post. third search before you post. fourth its a p30. As far as a smog test is concerned, your B16 has to be as close to a del sol vtec as possible.

Quoted post[/post]]
first...dont worry about having too many threads. second check references before you post. third search before you post. fourth its a p30. As far as a smog test is concerned, your B16 has to be as close to a del sol vtec as possible.
i freakin love you man. any question i have you always answering it quicky. they should make you a mod or something. good looking out.

i'll check the wiring again, but it all seemed fine last time. btw, vtec doesn't engage now. lol. ima blow the car up.

youre probably in limp mode. my lude doesnt hit vtec with a cel either. id definitely check the wiring from the ecu all the way to the ckp. its been known to get twisted in the oil filter (trust me)

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
i freakin love you man. any question i have you always answering it quicky. they should make you a mod or something. good looking out.

I really dont have the knowledge to be a mod...and most of them are b's friend anyway...id rather not...people might expect too much of me.

Back