check engine light comes on at 103mph zc block with a 1.6 head

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

delsol_racer

so yea the check engine light comes on when i hit like 100-105 and i cant go faster than that. it reads that its tha oil pressure switch for tha vtec.

but when i turn tha car off tha light goes away any ideas full on oil.

idea- dont go that fast.

lol, j/k

what weight oil are you running? last time it was changed?
what rpm are you at when it kicks on?

it comes on at a high rpm and im not sure what oil im running 10w40 or 20w50 i think not sure and i havent chenged it in a while

uhm.... honda's take 10w30. id stick with whats recommended.

change your oil with 10/30, your oil could be old and broken down causing you to loose pressure when in high rpms.

drive my friends z to miami one weeken and ran about 50 to 55psi oil pressure at 3500 rpm. had the oil changed while there and ran about 65psi on the way back, so it makes a difference.

ok ill do that i now its been long past due for an oil change but when u have a lot of miles on ur motor arnt u supposed to go with something thicker?

not really no, if you have a minor leak then a thicker oil will just leak out slower. ive had engines with over 230k and i ran what was recommended. never had a problem, if its burning or leaking alot then that needs to be repaired, not just a quick fix. that just leads to bigger problems. but try that and see what happens, post it up.

oh i didnt know that well i get it done asap and let you know what happended thank you

if its 10w40 i dont think thats gonna hurt anything...my z6 will go right up to the rev limiter without incident and im running a semi synthetic 10w40...

now if its old oil that looks like scummy pond water thats a whoooole different story

Back