check engine light,..IAT SENSOR CODE..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sparkyenfuego

I have a 1988 CRX SI, with a ZC motor swap,..the check engine light comes on,.and the ECU throws a IAT SENSOR code, 10 flashes..
ive replaced it twice, and the check engine light keeps coming on, and the same code comes up...its getting pricey at $45.00 BUCKS A POP,..any suggestions, ideas?!?!

do you have the correct connector on the harness plugged into the IAT? - should be a 2-wire connector with one red with yellow stripe wire and one green with white stripe wire - easy to get the connectors for the IAT and EACV swapped - EACV connector is also 2-wire with one blue with yellow stripe wire and one black with yellow stripe wire

yes, just checked it, and its the right harness, and the IAT sensor is new...
would the IDLE AIR CONTROL VALVE possibly be an issue, causing this thing to trip?
or is the ZC motor, and stock ECU, possibly the issue?!
im new to the CRX world, and wanna do it right!

check your t-stat ground.
i've had a ctr ecu do this to me before, i just unplug it for a while, then its fine until it decides to throw it again.
try a different ecu also.

is the IAT getting a reading at all and then going bad or what?

the green wire is shared with the tps sensor. the other red wire goes to the smaller plug near the resisitor box. it's red with a stripe.
here's the plug pinout I made when working on my harness.

Attachments

• 91 crx smaller engine plug.png
    91 crx smaller engine plug.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 818
  • 14 pin Engine harness plug 91 CRX.png
    14 pin Engine harness plug 91 CRX.png
    9 KB · Views: 1,412
Back