Check engine light on

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MaaseyRacer

My dad has a 1998 Honda civic lx sedan 1.6 automatic with 63,000 miles. Recently the check engine light came on. The car runs well, gets great gas mileage and I can detect no engine missing or other problems. Spark plugs, timing belt, oil & filter were changed about 2,000 miles ago along with a valve adjustment. I purchased a OBD 2 code reader and found it was code, PO 135, the O2 sensor heater circuit. I replaced the sensor with a new one and the light went out
after resetting. Now, after driving for about 500 miles without the check engine light on, it is back on. The car has all the power it ever had and no other noticeable symptoms. I think something else is wrong and I probably wasted time and money on the O2 sensor, but the code reader isn't giving me a second choice! Any ideas?
Thank you.

I dont know if your car would have this but, on my friends 00' GSR he has a button under his dash. He just had to turn on his check lights, hold the button and start his car. My dad said it was just to remind you to go to the dealer for a check up or something. Goes by miles.

I will be looking tonight, I was thinking it might be something like that. I will post back with the results.

Back