Check Engine Light - understanding the code...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dmrlook

Hello all - I have looked all over the web and am not having an easy time finding codes for my 2006 accord 4 cylinder (not hybrid). The two codes I have pulled are P1172 and P2000. Anyone out there that can tell me what these are. I have found no documentation on P2000 and have found 2 different translations for P1172, specifically:

Fuel Transfer Pump Flow Insufficient
and
Air fuel ratio (A/F) sensor (Sensor 1)

I'm not sure which of these meanings (if any) are correct and what to do from here.

Thanks,
Dave

According to the Honda Service Tech, my P1172 code is an Air Fuel ratio sensor (Sensor 1). The parts guy tells me this is an O2 sensor. Does this make sense to anyone? And is this an easy do it yourself job. I have no issues climbing under my car and am mechanically inclined - I have just never done this job before.

Thanks,
Dave

Sensor 1 is going to be the O2 sensor on you exhuast manifold, go buy a new one from an auto parts stor along with a O2 sensor socket, take your old one out and plug the new one in, simple really.

Back