check engine light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eg6sir

Supa Mod
VIP
my CEL is on and it comes on after about 5-10 min. of driving...i dont know how to check the codes, can some tell me how?LMK

Originally posted by integraslut78@Sep 14 2005, 11:24 AM
I will bet it is your O2 sensor. Just a guess though. :ph34r:
[post=554429]Quoted post[/post]​

i had one put in like a year and a half ago...i dont think it would be that...before i had that put in, i didnt even have one.....the CEL would come on right when i would start the car...

Originally posted by eg6sir+Sep 14 2005, 02:27 PM-->
integraslut78
@Sep 14 2005, 11:24 AM
I will bet it is your O2 sensor. Just a guess though. :ph34r:
[post=554429]Quoted post[/post]​

i had one put in like a year and a half ago...i dont think it would be that...before i had that put in, i didnt even have one.....the CEL would come on right when i would start the car...
[post=554560]Quoted post[/post]​

Mine would just randomly pop on when I was driving, like I said just a guess.

well i tried this....call me moron if you want but i cant figure it out...so i am supposed to unplug which plug from the ecu or do i leave it plugged in...and the brown and black...are they on the same row or different rows.. i unplugged the the plug under the ecu # is that the right one and tried making a connection between the two on female end..was that right....please help

Take a piece of wire about 2 inches long, you can go less if you want. Bend it into a U shape. Strip the ends to the bare copper wire. Twist the wire ends with your fingers (not together :) )

Locate the blue wire plug that's usually just above the ECU. You'll see two wires going into it, one of the wires is BROWN. Make sure your car is OFF. Then bridge the two terminals on the wire plug. This means insert one wire end of your U shaped piece of wire into the left terminal, and one into the right. Then turn your car on, but don't start it. Turn the key, but don't start it. After a second or two, the lights will start flashing.

Long flash is the tens place. I.E. 1 long flash means the first digit of the code is 1. 2 long flashes in a row would mean 2 is the first digit. Quick flashes are the ones place. I.E. 1 long flash followed by 7 short flashes means code 17. Two long flashes followed by 2 short flashes means code 22.

ok...so i did it and it worked...it flashed once for like 2 sec. blinked off and came right back on and stayed on... what would this indicate...would this be code 10 , 11 or 20.. i dont really know how to read that shit...

anybody...anyone at all ....help please...going to state ref...auto fail here need to know...thank you..

yea i know....but what is the code...is it just code 10...since it flashed once for 2 sec...then blinked off and stayed on after that... or would that be considered as code 20...a little help would be appreciated....

is the CEL supposed to stay on after the code is done?....

i've seen the link.....so i dont need anyone to point it out again...

thanks

ok so i am guessing that it would be code 10 since the second light never shut off....and that is IAT(intake air temperature) sensor...anybody know where that is located..

If it flashes quick = 1
If it flashes long = 10

I am saying you are throwing the O2 sensor code Code #1.

So if you get 2 long ones and a short one it equals 21 just for an example.

yea i get all that.....ok....question then...how long would a long flash be and how quick would the quick flash be....cuz i am getting 1 flash...then it goes off just for a split sec. and comes back on and stays on(no more flashing)...

to me the 1 flash i am getting seems like it would be long...but since i didnt see two..i wouldnt know if its quick or long....see what i'm sayin here..

quick-----but how quick
long------how long..(like 2 sec.)

Back