check engine light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

puchi

Hi there i have a 95 civic and have the engine light on.How can i check what is the problem or how can i turn the likght off anybody who can help me,please.

on the passenger side by your right foot theres to connections just jump them together using a paper clip that will send your trouble codes to your check light and it will flash. then post your code here .

i'm guessing here but i don't think he would know how to read the blinks if he didn't know how to check it.

long blink=10
short blink=1

there will be a brief pause between codes.

say it blinks 2 long and 1 short, that would be a code 21.

the codes are all in the referance section or you could just post it up and i'm sure somebody will tell you what it is.

ok i just ran the codes and came back with only one. either a 9 or a 90 if they go that high. its my first time running this kinda test but all blinks were the same length and i let it go through three cycles to find any differences but all three sets were 9 blinks all equal. what do I do with that code now?

its a 1999 civic lx automatic. check engine light has been on for a week now and today the engine turned off while driving. the radio and ac stayed on, but the engine shut down. started right back up, but don't want to run into that again. any helpers? much appreciated. thanks

Marcus

Cylinder Position Sensor Intermittent Interruption P1382
Cylinder Position Sensor No Signal P1456
EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Fuel Tank System) P1457
EVAP Emission Control System Leak Detected (Control Canister System)

lol ur point got across haha thanks for the quick reply. the list helps too... got some work to do so i'm out. get back to u guys if another one pops up

Back