check engine light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redef91

whats up guys i got a 97 type r motor in my 91 crx...when i get on it vtec works good then sumtimes then check engine light comes on n vtec dont work.....i did the test shit n the light blinks twice slow twice fast....sumone told me its a vtec switch.....i kno it aint to wiring since vtec works most of time....is it the solienod or the senor on the vtec thing...help guysss.....

its the vtec pressure switch it screw into the side of the selonoid. it should be green in color

well most of the time a pressure switch wont mess up but it can, so lets hope its the switch.but if its not the switch its either the ecu- wireing -or not enough oil pressure for the pressure switch to read so you oil pump is getting weak..check the screen in the selnoid also to see if its clean

hey if its a jdm type r you wont have a vtec oil pressure switch so if your using a usdm ecu then its going to be looking for a pressure reading you can bypass that pressure plug to your selinoid its self to ge a reading and trick the ecu thats if your running the usdm ecu on a jdm motor

Back