check Engine light

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i really do thank you gratefully for your help , the last mechanic i used riped me bad , so im through with that , i would like to ask you one more question , though off this topic ? do you know where i can get a VSS cable for a 91 civic hb ? i need one bad , cant find it on ebay ...

well the junk yards should be full of them, but if not there the honda dealeship will have them.

well its just going to have to wait then , i hate that .... on a job site miles and miles away from home , and i work too darn much to go spend a few hours in a yard , although thats one of my fav things to do ... thanx for the help though , i will do that code in the morning though ...

thanx ,

you just rock , current high bidder on the part i need ... super sweet .... then ill be able to look an see how fast im going instead of just listening to the motor vs gear ratio ... that will work soooo much better , i owe you a debit of honor for the help ... search as i could , found nothing on ebay for that ... muches gracious

its busted man , i did what you said but i must have done something wrong .. glad im not taking your advice with the women .. hehe , j/k ..

drove to town , drove back , light came on ... pulled car over ... left running with light on ... got out got in other side , took jumper wire and jumped brown to green w/white stripe wire together , on blue plug under glove box... looked at the CEL and nothing .. it just stayed exactly the way it was , ON ...

whats going on ? kinda in a rush , im going home tommorow and i dont have access to the web till i get my biquad build and can steal it .. muhahahah ...

well you must not be doing it right make sure the metal part put the plugs are in contac with what your jumping it with, i always use a paper clip

i even used my voltmeter, =) ... said there was current ... the ohms/resistance pegged out ... but no blinking CEL ... thats why im confused ... i have a box of paper clips here , ill be sure to steal it ... hmmm ...

well here are the codes when you figure it out...
1 O2A - Oxygen sensor #1
2 O2B - Oxygen sensor #2
3 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor
4 CKP - crank position sensor
5 MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor
6 ECT - water temperature sensor
7 TPS - throttle position sensor
8 TDC - top dead centre sensor
9 CYP - cylinder sensor
10 IAT - intake air temperature sensor
12 EGR - exhaust gas recirculation lift valve
13 BARO - atmospheric pressure sensor
14 IAC (EACV) - idle air control valve
15 Ignition output signal
16 Fuel injectors
17 VSS - speed sensor
19 Automatic transmission lockup control valve
20 Electrical load detector
21 VTEC spool solenoid valve
22 VTEC pressure valve
23 Knock sensor
30 Automatic transmission A signal
31 Automatic transmission B signal
36 traction control found on JDM ecu's
41 Primary oxygen sensor heater
43 Fuel supply system
45 Fuel system too rich or lean
48 LAF - lean air fuel sensor
54 CKF - crank fluctuation sensor
58 TDC sensor #2
61 Primary oxygen sensor
63 Secondary oxygen sensor
65 Secondary oxygen sensor heater
67 Catalyst low efficiency. (same as P0420)
70 Automatic Transmission Malfunction w/AT Controls
71 random misfire cylinder 1
72 random misfire cylinder 2
73 random misfire cylinder 3
74 random misfire cylinder 4
80 Exhaust Gas Recirculation insufficient flow detected
86 ECT Sensor (Engine Coolant Temperature) circuit range / performance problem
90 Evaporative Emission Control System leak detected in the fuel tank area
91 Evaporative Emission Control System insufficient purge flow

thanks a bunch , just put a whole lot of paper clips in my pocket , after i get off work at 5 am , central , ill do another test run and get it to pop up ... step by step after it lights up just plug in the clip and look at the light , if im still having probs ill ask ! hopefully the lil red basterd will function properly this time cause im running outta options , if it dosent work i guess im gonna have to break down and by the obd1 reader ...

Wow, thats alot of codes. You know what would be cool, if your car gave you a digital read out of the code. You know, instead of a cel a message scrolls across your dash that says your o2 sensor is misfunctioning or your shits just broke. Anything would be better than checking for blinks. If anyone here invents that let me know I want my name on the patent. Yeah.....

Hey i did the thing you told me but to tell you the truth i dont knoe how to get the code from the blinks

well this is on a civic it should be the same tho, but on the passenger side of the car down by the glove box tucked away in that area is a 2 wire plug i think its blue jump those 2 wires together and then count you check light as it blinks, long pulse =10, short pulse=ones
;)

ok lokking from the list of codes it tells me is the fuel suply system wat are those parts

but you got code 43 right ? how does he car run any problems

Back