Check engine lights on again...outa no where!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondatuner88

I was just driving normaly today...and BAMN!!!! The check engine light came on...I got it home and did a digno check...The check engine light flashed 5 times...How can I get the light to go out? Its anoyying and really making me mad because I gotta get it inspected really soon...Can someone help me?? Thanks hondaswap!

Quoted post[/post]]
I was just driving normaly today...and BAMN!!!! The check engine light came on...I got it home and did a digno check...The check engine light flashed 5 times...How can I get the light to go out? Its anoyying and really making me mad because I gotta get it inspected really soon...Can someone help me?? Thanks hondaswap!

Most likely if it flashed 5 times the problem you are having is with MAP - manifold absolute pressure sensor. The only way to get the light to go out is to fix the problem or have it reset.

or you could just disconnect the neg battery cable.

I did both...still comes on...I fixed the problem too...It was a loose wire on the mapsensor...lights still on...maybe ill just take out the bulb...

If you reset the ECU and the CEL still comes on, then obviously you didn't fix the problem. Recheck the wiring and substitute the MAP sensor with a known working unit.

Back