check engine problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

roman_pushkin

when i drive some times my check engine light goes on and when i turn the car off and back on its not on nomore, and in order for me to find out why its coming on i need the car to be turned off. What is going on why is the light turning of when i restart my car?????????//:confused:

What year Accord do you have? The ECU will store all codes that cause the CEL to come on, so if you don't know how to check them post back with the year and someone will tell you how to pull the code(s).

You should have a window on the case of your ECU that will blink a red LED when you turn the key to the on position. Long blinks count as 10 and short blinks as 1.. for example one long blink followed by 2 short blinks would be 12, one long blink by itself is 10, 2 short blinks are 2, etc. It will display all the codes in the system and then repeat itself for as long as the key is turned on. Check that out and see if you have any codes stored, and then refer to this post to see what codes you have (if any).... https://hondaswap.com/reference-materials/88-ecu-error-codes-29109/

Back