Check List

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

accordguy

Hey guys about to do my engine swap in a week on my 95 accord ex I made a check list of everything I need for the shop to do this right please. let me know if I’m missing something however I think this list in complete.

Engine/trans and all engine mounts( mounts from accord except driver side)
ECU ( JDM p13-j01 this is the ecu I have)
Engine wiring harness (from accord)
Half shafts (accord or prelude)
Intermediate shaft (accord or prelude)
All engine accessory form the h22 drive brackets, P/S pump, alternator
Catalytic( or universal catalytic) , down pipe and header
Fuel rail from '97 or newer Prelude
Radiator hoses, heater hoses( FROM PRELUDE)
Throttle cables (for non-cruise control applications)

So here is the list is everything correct or are there things missing or items here I don’t need to be there etc.

look like youre all setup, just remember the mounts are not perfect and need to be altered a little bit.

also, the fuel rail can be from any H-series prelude 92+.

yep, PS hose is a good idea also.

Just give yourself plenty of time. You'll need something silly, and have to run to the parts store.

I'd get a nice selection of connectors, harness cover, shrink tube, solder, etc.

as always, band aids........ :)

Quoted post[/post]]
look like youre all setup, just remember the mounts are not perfect and need to be altered a little bit.

also, the fuel rail can be from any H-series prelude 92+.

y0 B, are you sure you have to change your fuel rail to a 97+? Doesn't make any sense to me & even reikoshea says 92+...give me the link to that article dude.

Yea I was talking to him earlier & he tells me he bought a brand new oem fuel rail from honda & cost a shit load. So I ask why'd ya do that & says that he read some article online on the h22 swap, you need a 97+ fuel rail. Didn't make much sense to me considering its a obd-1 swap going into a obd-1 chassis but ya know, gotta help my brother out & save some money $$$. If your sure on that, hopefully he return it or sell it.

I kept the H22 rail, and modified the fuel line. Cheap and easy.

Quoted post[/post]]
Yea I was talking to him earlier & he tells me he bought a brand new oem fuel rail from honda & cost a shit load. So I ask why'd ya do that & says that he read some article online on the h22 swap, you need a 97+ fuel rail. Didn't make much sense to me considering its a obd-1 swap going into a obd-1 chassis but ya know, gotta help my brother out & save some money $$$. If your sure on that, hopefully he return it or sell it.

This is probably what he read.

Dude, there is some confusion about this issue. I was prepared to swap fuel rails but it turns out not only that my F22 fuel rail didnt fit the H22, but the fuel inlet was on the correct side and I didnt need to modify it whatsoever. You can literally eyeball it for 2 seconds and figure it out. Basically, if the fuel rail inlet is on the driver's side, then the fuel line will reach. Some of the H22s I've seen have had it on the passenger side. I.E. why you would need to extend the line.

well i know my h22 had the stock rail that was supposed to be on it. and its on the D side. and my f22 was also. so that was my easy direct replacement

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Dude, there is some confusion about this issue. I was prepared to swap fuel rails but it turns out not only that my F22 fuel rail didnt fit the H22, but the fuel inlet was on the correct side and I didnt need to modify it whatsoever. You can literally eyeball it for 2 seconds and figure it out. Basically, if the fuel rail inlet is on the driver's side, then the fuel line will reach. Some of the H22s I've seen have had it on the passenger side. I.E. why you would need to extend the line.

Anyone knows what a prelude SRV is or what it stands for. I’m about to buy some engine parts from this guy. I want to make sure everything is compatible as long as it the same part wise as a standard prelude JDM or USDM 92-96 I’m good.
Radiator hose
Heater hose
Power steering hose
Rear engine mount and bracket
Transmission mount and bracket
Shifter assembly
Map sensor
Shifter cables

All for 250 shipped with insurance. Little pricey but I need these parts if I went to dealer I would be rapped.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Anyone knows what a prelude SRV is or what it stands for. I’m about to buy some engine parts from this guy. I want to make sure everything is compatible as long as it the same part wise as a standard prelude JDM or USDM 92-96 I’m good.
Radiator hose
Heater hose
Power steering hose
Shifter assembly
Map sensor
Shifter cables

All for 250 shipped with insurance. Little pricey but I need these parts if I went to dealer I would be rapped.

Woah, easy partner. Unless the Accord you are swapping this into is completely scrapped and has nothing in the engine bay, you are going overboard. When I did this swap, I used my Accord PS pump and hose. Out of all those items you listed, I ended up buying one new heater hose. If the recieving car has the F22 still in it, you'll have all of that, dont need ANY of that list of stuff.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Radiator hose
Heater hose
Power steering hose
Shifter assembly
Map sensor
Shifter cables

Woah, easy partner. Unless the Accord you are swapping this into is completely scrapped and has nothing in the engine bay, you are going overboard. When I did this swap, I used my Accord PS pump and hose. Out of all those items you listed, I ended up buying one new heater hose. If the recieving car has the F22 still in it, you'll have all of that, dont need ANY of that list of stuff.

LOL thx for your input however my goal though is to replace as much old stuff from my accord with prelude parts as much as possible. There are a few parts I need in this list that are a must and would be the most expensive elsewhere. For instance the engine mounts which the dealer alone wants 350 for and that just for rear and trans mount alone which are better than the accord mounts and much stiffer and the shift cables on my car are worn and they alone are 300 new and average 150 used.

Back