Check out Hondas new cruiser idea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

not even close to a fat boy copy. Here is a fat boy.
fatboy.jpg

The Fatboy has much less rake in the front, a more sweeping rear fender, more of a laid back sitting position, as opposed to this hondas more of a "Sportster" style of seating. Not to mention a fatboy's exhaust always exits on the same side (right side).

Only thing i'm a little sketchy on with that is the front fork design... Having the forks IN FRONT of the center of the wheel... I dunno about that... Seems like it will decrease the turning radius, but looks like it would make the bike easy to high side. Although it does look like the front suspension is on some type of pivot point or something... The front fork is similar to the Rune design, but the rune is a HUGE bike that requires something like that because of the weight and size of the bike.

onlything I dislike is the headlight unit however I can't think of anything off hand that would make it look anybetter headlight wise. The rest of the bike rocks Mmmmm I bet that thing is a bitch to pull up into a wheelie not that I would ever do such a thing

Thumbs up from me. I like the future-retro styling. the angles make it look nice and mean. :)

The thing is pimp. I would think that axle-less design would cause alot of uneven stress on the wheel bearings though. I wonder how that works.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Jul 6 2004, 03:05 PM
The thing is pimp. I would think that axle-less design would cause alot of uneven stress on the wheel bearings though. I wonder how that works.

Nah it's supported on both sides of the wheel I think that would hold up much better then Duc with the single sided swing arms

Originally posted by jeffie7+Jul 6 2004, 05:38 PM-->
liquid00meth
@Jul 6 2004, 03:05 PM

Nah it's supported on both sides of the wheel I think that would hold up much better then Duc with the single sided swing arms

Yeah I was thinking of the Ducati too. I was just thinking that it must be so light and such a strong bearing that it has little effect.

Back