Check out my Meat

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im not a big red meat guy either...
its just not that good to me. i'll eat it, but 98% of the time if im out, i'll order a chicken dish before a steak dish.

And I'm sorta the opposite, in the sense that if I'm out, I'll only order seafood or a good cut of meat. I'm so used to having tenderloin and other goods cuts of meat at home that I really like the way I cook things much better than the way they cook things are restaurants.

Usually when I order a rare steak out, I end up with some completely raw or medium well.

grilling is good but don't one off the pan unless you've had steak made by someone who knows how to cook. IMO the steak I ate tonight both flavor and tenderness blew away the last two steaks I've had from Ruth Chris by far.

I don't disagree with you jeffie, but i can make a steak on the grill exactly the same as you or I could by pan searing and then baking. It takes a little bit of skill to get that crispy outer layer but keep everything med-rare in the middle, but it's pretty easy with a charcoal grill imo.

I just set the weber up for indirect cooking, with one chimney starter full of lump charcoal (Absolutely no briquettes and NO lighter fluid) on the left side and nothing on the right.

Let the left side get wicked hot, sear both sides of the steak and then after turning once, slide it over to the cool side, throw the lid on and damper it down slightly. :)

Same thing as you've done, only with a little bit of natural smoke as well.

thats some nice tasty aftermath you got there jeffie.

i wish sabrina would cook me a steak. yesterday i got spicy rice and chicken. today im getting shephards pie :)

It looks like goatse.cx got his hands on it.

No doubt grilled steak is also great, my point was most big steak houses you go to cook on a griddle or pan/oven. and that Grilled steak isnt night and day from cooking indoors I believe they are both just as tasty depending on the style you want to give it, no doubt when you flame up a steak (open fire) it gives it a nice chared "sp?" flavor to it. but, I don't grill anymore now that Im in my apartment becuase I'll have to walk down to the pool where the 2-3 grills are, setup, lightup, get the heat right, then start cooking. IMO not worth it. I enjoy cooking infront of my 50" TV lol.

I never took cooking classes, I just never liked what my mom would cook. she use to tell me "if you don't like what I made then make your own food" so at the ripe age of 12 I started cooking my own food so I wouldnt have to eat her crap.

then a few years later I found that when you cook for a girl they tend to come back like a hungry stray dog. I have many ex girlfriends that still to this day ask me to cook them shit.

I have so much money in kitchen crap its not even funny.

Back