CHeck out my Mizom's Bday present...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bob Vila

ɐןıʌ qoq
Admin
VIP
from yours truelly :)

I made this all off the top of my head. I just need to put a dowel, some rope and a bucket in there. Its goign to hold flowers.

IMAGE018.JPG

IMAGE019.JPG

IMAGE020.JPG

IMAGE021.JPG

IMAGE022.JPG

What do you guys think?

I think I'm goign to make some and sell them for a rather large profit.

Anybody else here like to make things from scratch and/or are Bob Vila inclined?

nice...yeah I plan on doing something like that soon, where do you sell stuff like that? I mean besides ebay

:thumbsup: Very nice! Your mom is going to be stoked becaus eyou actually put thought and work into it.

But for big time sales, use an all cedar primed and sanded shingle with a sealant to get the big bucks.

I knwo things like tha sell up here from like small siding companies, and at like wood shows, etc, and at garden home stores and nurseries.

Originally posted by djyox@Aug 24 2003, 09:12 PM
nice...yeah I plan on doing something like that soon, where do you sell stuff like that? I mean besides ebay

the side of the road, plus peeps at work.

I used to help my old man build picnic tables and shed's a few years back when I was in high school. Its basically all word of mouth.

Slammed:
I'm partial to single shake cedar shingles. An entire bundle from Home Depot was $5.69.

The piece of cedar I used on the ridge was 12 bucks, and thats for a 1x6x6 piece. The well would weigh a ton of I used planks like that.

EDIT:

Here was another project I did when I was working as a cbainet maker/custom woodworker

misc011.jpg

and this is some stuff from my room:

IMAGE001.JPG

IMAGE004.JPG

And this is my Type R shed ;) - which is not sided and shizit.

IMAGE003.JPG

Yeah, it matters what you are going for really.

The high end stuff, my old man uses on houses costs somewhere near 125 a bundle which covers about 40square feet at 6 inch exposure but really is over kill but the builders love it.

I would suggest maybe if you wanted to make extra cash off this, would be making a prototype one, then make em as they order them and ask what kind of material they wnat used, etc. It would make it best, because if they are pre built some people might back off buying them just because of material, visible knots in the wood, etc. But I got to hand it to you, that is an awesome gift for your mom.

I know who can help me with the woodwork in my house, when I get one next year. :spin:

Originally posted by Silverchild79@Aug 25 2003, 03:52 AM
ewwwww, your a woodworker

:ghey:

well, that may be gay to you but judging on how damn good all his stuff looks I'm sure he can roll in huge profits with his talents.

what's your talent?

You don't get it do?

GET IT, wood worker, he works the wood, aka a penis. COME ON!

Nice work man ! Not sure if you have an old lady but if you make one of those for her, you could probably get endless BJ's for a week !!! I know I would !!! :p

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 25 2003, 06:53 AM
say hi to your sisters friend (with the dope tits) :D

:huh: I'm missing something here...

where's the dope tits? where they at??!?!

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 25 2003, 02:53 AM
say hi to your sisters friend (with the dope tits) :D

oh yeah! i fogot about her.

i give that bitch a 9. yeah- a 9 coming from me. thats liek all you guys' 3432.

lol

Back