Check out my new garage helper

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

holy shit!!!!!, I didn't even now that the brown recluse spider could not only do that and on top of that be so small...

I hate fucking spiders :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I practically live in the woods too, I've got a ton of spiders. :) That's too big to be a funnel spider, looks more like a wolf spider... They're not gonna go around trying to attack you, but I wouldn't want them in the garage either. :)

If there's one in there, there's a good chance there are several more in the area. :eek: :D

That spider is a Wolf Spider. Funnel spiders are somewhat faster, but less hostile than Wolf Spiders. They are also smaller.

Wolf spiders, like Tarantulas are tempted by some amounts of noise. They run after you if you make a certain sound. They bite, but have a completely harmless poison. They are meat eaters, and they spin no web.

Wolf Spiders are more aggressive, and will jump at you. If they are holding a clutch of eggs you can handle them - But if you convince them to drop their eggs, it's your ass. (They hold the eggs in their fangs)

You were mentioning that West Coast is so much better, but things like Recluse (Which aren't that big) and Black Widows (Again, pretty small) are far more dangerous.

-> Steve

I took a picture with a can a few inchs from the spider to get an idea of the size of the spider. He never jumped at me I just wish I had a bat with me at the time.....

Jeff, stop dicking around with that thing and fucking kill it already..........your making me go nuts...

I think I'm going to try and capture him. Then sell JDMilan something like a turbo or some other car part and package the spider in the box =)

Originally posted by jeffie7@Jul 27 2004, 08:51 PM
I think I'm going to try and capture him. Then sell JDMilan something like a turbo or some other car part and package the spider in the box =)
[post=369032]Quoted post[/post]​

bahahahahah!! I wanna be there when JD opens the box screams like a girl and runs out of the room flailing his arms around. :lol:

Originally posted by revolution8k+Jul 27 2004, 08:10 PM-->
@Jul 27 2004, 08:51 PM
[post=369032]Quoted post[/post]​

bahahahahah!! I wanna be there when JD opens the box screams like a girl and runs out of the room flailing his arms around. :lol:
[post=369046]Quoted post[/post]​

^That would fucking be me. Flailing arms and all. :sad:

you should keep it as your pet... lol

why would you want to catch a brown recluse? sorry, but i ain't gonna get flesh eaten to try to catch that fucker. it'll be squashed.

Worlds most dangerous spiders to humans = Funnel Web Spider (found in Australia), Black Widow and Brown Recluse (Both found in North America).

The Funnel Web Spiders found in Australia are much different from the ones here in the United States. The male although smaller than the female, is more dangerous. A bite from a funnel web spider, if not immediately treated, can cause death.

funweb.jpg

(Sorry not the best picture)

The Black Widow spider which is most common to the United States and has a venom which is 15x stronger than the bite of a rattlesnake. They can make their home in piles of wood, a dark garage or even your shoe. A bite from a black widow spider can also lead to death if left untreated.

blackwidowspider.jpg

The Brown Recluse spider is found mainly in the central Midwestern states southward to the Gulf of Mexico.The bite of the brown recluse spider can result in a painful, deep wound that takes a long time to heal. Fatalities are extremely rare, but bites are most dangerous to young children, the elderly, and those in poor physical condition. When there is a severe reaction to the bite, the site can erupt into a "volcano lesion" (a hole in the flesh due to damaged, gangrenous tissue). The open wound may range from the size of an adult's thumbnail to the span of a hand. The dead tissue gradually sloughs away, exposing underlying tissues. The sunken, ulcerating sore may heal slowly up to 6 to 8 weeks. Full recovery may take several months and scarring may remain.

brown2.jpg

The result of a bite from a brown recluse *2 YEARS* after it occured:

bite2yr.jpg

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jul 29 2004, 01:02 AM
fuck that shit............kill it already jeffie
[post=369659]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah I think I'm going to let it live and make TONS of babies

I hear they make shit loads of babies!

I was working on my car and I didn't notice, but there was a Black Widow living under the hood. I didn't notice till I was about to close my hood then scared the shit out of me because I was working pretty close to it. It was a pretty good sized one too, little smaller then a dime. I caught it and put it in a jar it died like a week later, it made this white ball I don't know what that was.

Originally posted by jeffie7+Jul 29 2004, 01:10 AM-->
@Jul 29 2004, 01:02 AM
fuck that shit............kill it already jeffie
[post=369659]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah I think I'm going to let it live and make TONS of babies

I hear they make shit loads of babies!
[post=369663]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL... you're making JD paranoid... I'll bet he's sitting in a tub with a shit load of insect spray and fly swatters all around him.

there was a fuckload of black widdows in south carolina when i was there for basic... scared the shit out of me the first few times i saw them
then it just became common place to see them / kill them

2 kids in my company got bit... those things fuck you up really bad from what i saw

got some black widows under my house right now...the lawnmower is down there so i usually use a stick or something to pull the lawnmower out.

If you don't want black widows around get a grip of daddy long legs, they eat black widows, I use to watch them at my grandma's house when I was younger.

I've heard the venom of the daddy long legs is actually more poisonous than a black widow, but their fangs are so small they can't penetrate human skin so it all kinda works out :thumbsup:

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Jul 29 2004, 01:05 PM
If you don't want black widows around get a grip of daddy long legs, they eat black widows, I use to watch them at my grandma's house when I was younger.

I've heard the venom of the daddy long legs is actually more poisonous than a black widow, but their fangs are so small they can't penetrate human skin so it all kinda works out :thumbsup:
[post=369881]Quoted post[/post]​

funny you say that cause we were talking about myth busters on the other thread they just did a thing on that.. venom from a daddy long leg is about as potent as a snail.

their just hungry

Originally posted by mdlax1+Jul 29 2004, 02:19 PM-->
NotUrAverage_Si
@Jul 29 2004, 01:05 PM

[post=369881]Quoted post[/post]​

funny you say that cause we were talking about myth busters on the other thread they just did a thing on that.. venom from a daddy long leg is about as potent as a snail.

their just hungry
[post=369888]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

saw that eppisode too... and was just about to comment :)

Back