check out my new honda

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by tab@May 18 2004, 02:15 PM
I would pay to see that bike with a rear wing for downforce........ :p

but the bike is RWD, so to stay true to the ricer wing placement, you'd have to put it on the front. :lol:

Originally posted by Calesta@May 18 2004, 05:47 AM
Is it front wheel drive? :lol:

No it is rear wheel drive, so I guess that makes it the S2000, of honda bicycles. :lol:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+May 18 2004, 07:11 AM-->
MaaseyRacer
@May 18 2004, 04:00 AM
and as a employee of Specialized bicycles

Oh yeah? I worked at the Merlin factory for a while, before they got bought out and moved to Tennessee. :)

Hate to double post, but no kidding. Yeah I used to ride a Merlin ti, oh back in like 96 or 97, at the time it was the only bike that fit me well enough when I was kid trying to race. When was Merlin bought out? I do not remember that happening and who bought them out? Was it Trek? As Trek bought out Garry Fisher, Lemond, and everyone else. God I am a super bike dork, even more so than a car dork. lol.

Merlin was bought out after I left. They were always looking for venture capital when I was there. The core group of cool Merlin people left to form Seven Cycles though, and they are still in Massachusetts, in Watertown. That was a fun job... *sigh*

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+May 18 2004, 12:01 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@May 18 2004, 10:57 AM
still rocking my 94-spec GT Zaskar w/ Judy XC and full xt/xtr compnents

Yeah, and when was the last time you rode it? :ph34r:

I think the Jeep bike is cooler than the Honda bike.

not too long ago actually... i had to drop off the 240 at the dealer and had no ride home, so i shoved the bike in the hatch and rode it home :)

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+May 18 2004, 04:38 PM-->
Originally posted by Loco Honkey@May 18 2004, 12:01 PM
pissedoffsol
@May 18 2004, 10:57 AM
still rocking my 94-spec GT Zaskar w/ Judy XC and full xt/xtr compnents

Yeah, and when was the last time you rode it? :ph34r:

I think the Jeep bike is cooler than the Honda bike.

not too long ago actually... i had to drop off the 240 at the dealer and had no ride home, so i shoved the bike in the hatch and rode it home :)

:lol:

That is too damn funny.

E couldn't take time out of his jerkathon to come get you?

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer+May 18 2004, 12:00 AM-->
Slammed89Integra
@May 17 2004, 03:46 PM
Hmm I wonder how good it does on downhill, etc.

How much did you pay for it may I ask?

Reminds me of a specialized or gary fisher.

Crap down hill, it has an almost solid spring, shit front fork, and can probably be purchased at KMart or Toys 'R' Us. And no it looks nothing like a Specialized bike, and as a employee of Specialized bicycles, I am going to pass this link around and your comment to all my co-workers tomarrow they will for sure get a kick out of it. :)

Got me on that one.

The frame just reminded me a little bit, I haven't seen one in 2+ years but when I was hardcore into riding bmx, those mountainbikes were the low models, and reminded me of that. I don't know about you, but I don't go through kmart/walmart a lot these days to check out the bikes.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 18 2004, 01:15 PM
Merlin was bought out after I left. They were always looking for venture capital when I was there. The core group of cool Merlin people left to form Seven Cycles though, and they are still in Massachusetts, in Watertown. That was a fun job... *sigh*

No kidding, yeah Seven makes a good product, however it strays from the style and handling bike that I am into, plus titainium is just not my thing anymore. Always good to hear about this stuff though.

Back