Check out my new Volks!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohch22a4

I just got my new Volk Racing GT-C's! 18's y0!
s40a803077ef72.jpg

:lol:
I also painted my valvecover.
Before, all scuffed and old looking:
s40a80333d4685.jpg

After, the color is Cast Coat Iron:
s40a8034688b9f.jpg

It looks soooo much cleaner than before. I love the color too. Better than Scott's baby blue at least, lol.

Oh BTW, VTEC lobes are cool looking
s40a80319caa48.jpg

I don't know, they're Raymond's wheels for his IS300. Probably pretty light for 18's considering they are Ray's Engineering and they forge all their wheels.

umm. light.

the Volk 255/35ZR18 weighs about 5lbs less than the Stock 215/45R17
the Volk 225/40ZR18 weighs about 10lbs less than the Stock 215/45R17

Ok one, pimp ass rims y0

two...how did you paint your valve cover (paint cost, paint type, how did you clean the valve cover first and what with, and how many coats, etc)

three...vtec cam lobes are cool looking.

BLINGITY BLING BLING. Who says big rims have to slow you down that much?

:thumbsup: on the valve cover.

the size of the rim will matter more then the actual weight.... besides they arent even for his car he said its for his friends car.

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 16 2004, 06:31 PM

two...how did you paint your valve cover (paint cost, paint type, how did you clean the valve cover first and what with, and how many coats, etc)

I used the high heat engine block paint from Shuck's, it was like six bucks for a can. I sanded all the scuffs and dirt and shit off with 80 grit sandpaper, using light strokes. Then, I used a sponge and some dish soap to clean it up and get all the grunge off. After that, I used an air compressor to blow off all the leftover oil and chipping paint and shit. I sprayed it with the initial coat, let it sit for 15, sprayed it again, waited about a half hour, sprayed it again, let is sit for another 30 minutes, and then put a final coat on it and let it dry for about three hours. Voila, new color.

Shut up, homo. It has symmetry. Grey HONDA and grey DOHC VTEC, silver H. Fuck off. :p

Besides, yours would look better if you would have scratched off all that faggot-ass baby queer blue. And if it said DOHC VTEC. Bitch. :fuckyou2:

Originally posted by dohch22a4@May 17 2004, 03:19 AM
Besides, yours would look better if you would have scratched off all that faggot-ass baby queer blue. And if it said DOHC VTEC. Bitch. :fuckyou2:

Fuckin :owned: and i seen that Gay ass blue paint i have to agree. Personaly anythings better then that gay ass blue. I bet you were kickin your self whe you did that shit or at least thought real hard about what all the homies were gonna say, but hey you had some balls to even post it up so.......

Originally posted by dohch22a4+May 16 2004, 07:42 PM-->
revolution8k
@May 16 2004, 06:31 PM

I used the high heat engine block paint from Shuck's, it was like six bucks for a can. I sanded all the scuffs and dirt and shit off with 80 grit sandpaper, using light strokes. Then, I used a sponge and some dish soap to clean it up and get all the grunge off. After that, I used an air compressor to blow off all the leftover oil and chipping paint and shit. I sprayed it with the initial coat, let it sit for 15, sprayed it again, waited about a half hour, sprayed it again, let is sit for another 30 minutes, and then put a final coat on it and let it dry for about three hours. Voila, new color.

thats the same color i did my intake, and will be doing my valve cover too. my valve cover is just stripped right now. to strip the paint i used some uber paint stripper from home depot, shit is like gel that you paint on, let it sit for a few minitues then hose it off helping it along with a wire brush.

Originally posted by UDT+May 17 2004, 06:38 AM-->
dohch22a4
@May 17 2004, 03:19 AM

Fuckin :owned: and i seen that Gay ass blue paint i have to agree. Personaly anythings better then that gay ass blue. I bet you were kickin your self whe you did that shit or at least thought real hard about what all the homies were gonna say, but hey you had some balls to even post it up so.......

i was gonna do a darker blue, but one of my buddys talked me into that one. its wayy better than it was acutally, with 1/3 of the black chipped off, that looked like shit.

im probablly gonna re-do it a darker blue to try and match my intake, before i sell it.

Back