1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Check out the new Prototype!!

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by Citizen_Insane, Jan 21, 2004.

1. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Here's a new Honda prototype that I whipped up tonight (on Cinema 4D the god of 3d Programs). It is to be called the CR-T or the Civic Revolution: Turbo (if you couldn't tell by the picutre). Tell me what you think. Its not done, so the air dams and stuff arn't filled with radiators/intercoolers/shit. Its supposed to be powered a mid engine V8 or I6 VTEC twin turbo with RWD. I know Honda would never produce such a car..but its fun to dream.

[​IMG]

2. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

that is sick man. it kinda looks like a mclaren, lotus and that special ford car in gt2 thta white and blue one that you cant buy, only win, all mixed together.

3. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

its not a honda proto type, so don't call it one.

it looks like a Merc cougar. and that sucks.

4. rudeludenotmeanthough

rudeludenotmeanthough Senior Member

that looks like ass...

j/k you gots skill yo!! :thumbsup:

5. Dancomer

Dancomer Senior Member

that car is bad ass and if it were real i would want one..i say send it to honda for shits and giggles

6. highperboi

highperboi Senior Member

you gotta design the next CRX man that would be cool.

7. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

I would rock it. especially if it had a bored out 3.5L turbo NSX motor in it with a 6 sp driving the rear wheels with a near 50/50 weight distribution, that cost under 40k and made times like mid 12s. :)

8. dohch22a4

dohch22a4 Senior Member

Hehehe, well aren't we just the ever eager optomist.

9. jamesA

jamesA Well known pissed off telephone guy VIP

:nod:

That would be my perfect dream Honda. :yes: :concur: :D

10. dvus1

dvus1 Senior Member

nice.... you got skills :D

11. bigdaddyIII

bigdaddyIII Senior Member

im not sure about the door line at the rear, or the pillars, but the front looks effin tight.

12. djyox

djyox Senior Member

looks to me like a GT40 meets the 2nd gen eclipse, nice looking but I would go with who ever said make the new CRX...Well finish that one first, then start on the new CRX.

13. djyox

djyox Senior Member

oh yeah, the work looks great!!! Wanna make me a few pictures??? basic photoshop stuff...

14. honduhhomie

honduhhomie Junior Member

wow you made that yourself?? im jealous! i know a little 3d max but i cant do that.

15. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

nicely done, but that's a way to agressive styling for honda to ever make.

16. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

I don't do digital images anymore, so I won't comment on how it looks like an elephant sat on the passenger side of the roof...

From a design standpoint, how the hell are you going to put a V8 or a I-6TT in the middle of a CRX? The soul of the CRX is light and playful, not heavy and hard to drive. If you were able to keep it under 2200 lbs. (which you won't be able to because of airbags, ABS, and all that other shit), you'd be well advised to either use an NA 1.6L engine, or a quick spooling 1.3L turbocharged engine. Also, if it's mid engine, why are you putting the IC up front? And the radiator air inlet vs. outlets? Whoa! Inlet area should be 25- 50% of the core area, and the outlet area should be ~200% of the core area to ensure proper airflow through the core. What you have there would allow the air to stagnate in front of the inlet, creating a big turbulence bubble, affecting the dynamic stability of the car.

17. CRX-YEM

Without doing a wind tunnel test or at least a computer model of the aerodynamics of the vehicle I don't think you can properly judge whether the car would be dynamically stable.

I highly doubt the air would create a vacuum in front of the car as you say, It's almost impossible. The splitter if close enough to the ground would allow for the air to be forced into the opening that's proposed for the radiator or innercooler and the air would flow over the top of the car as well as create a vacuum underneath the vehicle, but it's also impossible to tell without a mathematical model.

I can agree that the proposed design would most likely not be aerodynamically sound and the air path might not even flow thru the proposed opening for the radiator or innercooler.

The vehicle if designed with the proper material could be well under 2500Lbs.
    The car would be expensive as hell but it could be done.

but all this speculation is pointless as it's a pipe dream in a 3D design studio.

18. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

Not vacuum. High pressure. If the outlet won't allow the volume of air going through the inlet to escape, it'll create a high pressure area, causing the air in the duct to stagnate because air will hit the high pressure area and be deflected. I'm not saying it wouldn't be dynamically stable, but I'm saying that the turbulance in front of the car WILL affect it.

I've designed and flown quite a few RC aircraft and have had a say in how a full scale experimental aircraft was built, and I've always had this uncanny ability to be able to visualize how air flows around objects.

19. CRX-YEM

now I forgot about that

20. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

:) And the reason for the outlet being four to five times larger than the inlet is to create a low pressure area. Since high pressuer ALWAYS moves towards low pressure, this will ensure that the high pressure inlet air moves through the radiator and out the outlet. An added benefit to this, is if you do it right, you can eliminate the high pressure area at the base of the windshield, which will reduce the drag the wipers create. :)

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted