Check out what this spider cought!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by dveit@Aug 4 2004, 11:58 PM
still getting a hold of the quote system?? lol

hint: to quote somebody hit the + BELOW the post, not above, like before.

maybe you're just clumsy... anywho

stop posting shit about spiders, i got arachnaphobia as it is.
[post=372824]Quoted post[/post]​

Nah I do it every other time I post something I just didnt feel like fixing it

Originally posted by hybrid4@Aug 4 2004, 04:23 PM
No, im in Nashville, TN. This is the worst place for recluses. I dont think you have them in Oregon. And your lucky.
[post=372622]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I'm in Memphis... We catch about 2 a DAY here in the office... Little pesky varments... Never been bit by one, thank God. ;)

They are scared of people normally. And, they are FAST! Its when you allmost crush one, thats when they bite. More of a defensive response.

there is some good info about them on the website linked above, you guys should go check it out.

lists pictures "which are nasty" and locations.

I have a feeling Milan will now go to a petstore and buy a pet turanchula(sp) B)

Originally posted by The WORLD is yours...@Aug 5 2004, 12:42 AM
if i lived where the brown recluse spider's. i would never sleep!! that link said they are out and about at night!! fuck that shit!!
[post=372849]Quoted post[/post]​

there are brown recluses in maine dude. when my family used to rent a cabin up there we saw a couple
EDIT: and my neighbor got bit by one in yankees staduim

The brown recluses in Maryland/Deleware don't look exactly like that. They have big fat bodies the size of quarters & half dollars & shorter legs, but they're just as destructive. My father got bit by one & only went to the doctor after 2 weeks of me & my mom pleading with him. His arm turned purple & black & ulcerated, like in the pictures. The doctor couldn't be 100% sure, but he was pretty positive that my dad got bit by a brown recluse. He had to undergo serious treatment for about a year. The "flesh-eating" virus that the brown recluse carried actually deteriorated the bone in my dad's arm & they considered amputating it, but luckily the treatment worked & he was able to keep his arm.

Ironically, my father just got bit again by a spider two days ago. Really creepy!

^^^ damn, sorry to hear that - atleast he is fine now........

Me, personally I have yet to have seen one, and thank god.

I actually had trouble sleeping last night when I was studying for a final exam, like the statement above said, I felt like something was crawling on me in bed..........

i can't believe we have a 50 post thread on spiders

Spiders are everywhere, all the time....in the shadows, waiting for you to close your eyes........and they like warm, moist hiding holes...like your mouth, nose, ears...etc.....

and the taste good to ;)

Sleep Well :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ph34r:

:ditto:

I have seen one recluse in my lifetime. It was in my motel room in Chicago when I went to my brothers boot camp graduation.

Fuck that shit.

Originally posted by jeffie7@Aug 7 2004, 12:17 AM
I've killed like 3 spiders in this house in the last week alone

Spiders are EVERYWHERE!
[post=373671]Quoted post[/post]​

Serously man! I've probably killed 3 spiders a day, every day for the last 1-2 weeks. I figured it was because we're doing construction at my house, but maybe it's just that time of year. :blink:

People in the Amazon eat tarantulas and bird eating spiders. They ain't complaining :)

Last night I was at my friends house and every night these huge garden spiders come down from this huge tree and make their webs about 5-6 feet from the groud and right where people walk to get inside his house. My friend and I spent an hour trying to find bugs to throw in the web so we could watch it eat but gave up after the crickets we found kept going thru the web instead of getting stuck in it. Good times. :thumbsup:

Back