check timing on obd1 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89tangerine

I just replaced the timing belt on my crx, and I am trying to verify its on right by checking the ignition timing. The problem is I cant get the damn computer to stop adjusting the ignition timing while I am checking it. I have a b16 converted to obd1, and when I short the connector on the right side of the engine bay, I still have the problem. Is there something else I should be doing? The other thing I was wondering is what exactly the marks on the crank pulley mean. There is a mark for top dead center, and then three dashes after it. I have read they are either 14, 16 and 18 degree marks for Before top dead center and after top dead center. which is it? thanks

There is a mark for top dead center, and then three dashes after it. I have read they are either 14, 16 and 18 degree marks for Before top dead center and after top dead center. which is it? thanks
the mark off to the right by itself is TDC - on the B16 the one on the right of the 3 marks is 13 degrees before TDC - the middle is 15 BTDC - the one on the left is 17 BTDC

alright, so how do I lock the timing so that I can check it. It is a chipped computer, so can I just make a chip with 15 degrees ignition timing around idle, and check it that way? Or when I put 15 BTDCdegrees as a value in the ignition table, does it add 15 to the base value of 15? Hopefully that makes sense

Back